DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I keep thinking that broadcast TV, which has been on the decline as long as the soaps have, since the 80s, is going to fail. But I can't visualize what that looks like. And, I keep thinking that streaming is the future but they are having such awful growing pains. So much not to know, there is.

• Members

This is not directed at you, Chris B. I get that Peacock will do promos. But what is NBC doing to help with the transition? There will be alot of lost viewers come Sept 12 because NBC is not even running a scroll across the bottom of the screen saying that Days will move to Peacock and you can sign up for $19.99 for the year. NBC could at least help out to let viewers know where and how to find Days after Sept 9. I'm being ageist here but you need more time to let the older viewers understand how to maneuver to Peacock. NBC has done nothing to help this along. They seem done with Days and are not doing anything to help the move to Peacock. 

• Members

When NBC canceled AW, they did nothing. I've met tons of fans who were not online then who are online now who literally were shocked when they tuned in the Monday after the Olympics & AW was from their perspective "just gone, vanished." I would bet the same things happened to offline fans of BEACH 6 months later. No idea about PSSN because it was more complicated, like this is, a move to DirecTV. It seems to me that NBC is one very rotten apple in this fruit basket and it is their blasted pattern to do nothing, zip, nada.

• Webmaster

I’m actively working on getting those answers. This week interviews are happening with cast members on set and virtually. But I’m personally working on getting other aspects and perspectives on this transition from non-DAYS people. 

• Members

Hard to believe, a 57 year old program is going to be ending its run on broadcast TV at the end of next week, not only with little fanfare, but also with a regular episode. They're not doing anything special, nor saying goodbye to their loyal TV audience. Really sad. 

I wonder, if their contract allows NBC to move the show to Peacock, does it have another clause that allows the show to move back to TV if Peacock fails? I doubt moving to Peacock is going to work out. The app itself doesn't seem to have that much of a future, given all the competition. NBC TV doesn't seem to have anything else on, and most TV stations were ok with the numbers DAYS was bringing in. It would be a miracle, but could there be a one in a million chance?

Edited by Jdee43

• Members

My local NBC did mention when AW was cancelled that it was ending, so people who weren’t online would have found out from them. At least they did have a little time to plan goodbye on screen unlike Days. With days they did announce on the news. I figure they will run banners about new schedule if anything changes time slot,  but that is a local not national thing. 

errol looking forward to that report.

• Members

Canadian SON members might recall that when AW was cancelled it was announced on the 6pm national news. The final week of episodes had a lot of promotion on Canadian television. I've never seen fanfare like that for a daytime show before or after.

The issue with what NBC has not done insofar as promotion goes is premised on the fact that DAYS is moving to Peacock...while I'm one of those bottom feeders (thanks, Ken Corday) who call it a soft cancellation (which it is), if there's any hope of DAYS attracting subscribers to Peacock, promotion is required - this should have started 60 days ago, not two weeks before D Day. 

• Webmaster

Look for a big promotional push starting today, September 1. Don’t have specifics yet but there’s a reason today is kick off day. I’ll share more in the coming days. 

To be blunt, our frustrations on how this transition has been handled is shared with more people than you might think. Some might say the sky is blue in public but they are pissed!

• Members

Gosh, we used to have so many ways of zinging NBC. Began with the ubiquitous NBC Sucks which was often rendered in crossword fashion. Boycott NBC was big, as was doing at least 2 yrs without NBC. Ended up something clever with a fan or fans blowing letters & student ... something. Too bad.