General Hospital: August 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So, apparently

Please register in order to view this content

All the while Elizabeth, a contract player has been more than conspicuously absent. I don't see why they continue to bring on characters and guest actors that cost good money but haven't done squat with her story.

Also, did they need to put Gregory Harrison on contract to babysit Violet?  Of course-- even if he and hordes of other actors of a certain age could have been cast as Jeff Webber to appear in Rebecca Herbst's story. (Looking at Doug Davidson, Robert Newman, Robert S. Woods, John Wesley Shipp and many, many others.)

I can see where Alexis and Laura's stories are on hold due to vacations,  but the constant stunt casting <cough> Morgan Fairchild and Susan Batten <cough> and delays in the Elizabeth story have become tedious.  What was the point of yet another story that begins as Elizabeth's and results in crap?

Edited by slick jones

• Members

THANK YOU!!! ALL OF THIS!!!

I've been saying for a while that I don't like that Finn's family...which has had adequate show time over the last few years...have not only started to hog screen time that is coming across VERY forced, but has taken Elizabeth's storyline hostage. It had been paced soooooooo well for the most part and now that we got to a turn/climax of sorts...she...VANISHES. And it's all about FINN'S pain. In HER story. And Gregory can have seats. He's a circle in a square peg for Alexis where Harmony was so it's just meh. And again...forced. It honestly feels like they are sabotaging Elizabeth's story.

Then again...playing catchup right now, I do wonder if the reason they are stalling her story is because of that Blind Item in the Spoiler section of this board. It is the only reason that would make sense. If so...yeeeeah, I'm with you...RECAST. There are plenty of soap vets out there and available. 

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

I used to feel she was treated horribly under JFP and Guza, often written as a plot piece instead of a character.  She’s had to sell some ridiculous story turns during her tenure, and often wasted in pairings.  Both nothing compares to this- she has truly been used to prop people who should have long been gone from GH, and now even her biggest story in years is currently all about Finn.  It’s appalling.

• Members

One More reason to hate JFP! Remember How Eica's Rape was a plot device for CENTURIES on AMC? Rape trauma never really goes away, they could try something like that with Elizabeth too for example, she was raped around the time she joined right? Couldn't they ressurrect the subject? Actually i mentioned on the Classic thread they could do this with Michael, why not with them jointly? they both go expierences that make them relive their respective assaults, join a support group for rape victims, and that would be juicy material since how difficult it must be to a man to admit suffering this kind of aggression, and as i don't think they're related they could get close, it's just an idea but at least it would be about them not as two plot devices

• Members

Saw this article title:

As General Hospital Cheers Rebecca Herbst’s Liz-aversary, Fans Cry Foul: ‘So Where’s Her Special Episode?’

#firefrank will never give Elizabeth any kind of shot. He proves his dislike every time he sticks his pets to take over her stories.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by slick jones