General Hospital: May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nik really is stupid enough to think he’s playing Esme but then end up sleeping with her. Avery Pohl is so good though. Her little grin yesterday when Spencer took off and left her with Nik was adorable. 

Kelly Monaco cannot say the word Cassadine. The struggle was real. 

• Members

5-4

Wow what a ride!

I really can't believe that Harmony is gone. All the possibilities that the writers were setting up. That said...her unraveling has been fun to watch. My only disappointment is that NLG couldn't be around for it, but I really love the temp and she really does a good job embodying Alexis to me. But anything that involves Alexis and Carly teaming up is not going to be boring. And now Carly has a secret over Nina. Again. Lord.

But I have to admit it continues to surprise me how much mileage the writers are getting out Carly/Sonny/Nina. What appeared to have peaked when Carly walked in on Sonny/Nina, has continued the slow burn approach (at least for me) that they were using on Sonny/Nina in Nixon Falls. And the more debilerated the pace, the more the stakes are raised. Now we have Michael and Sonny falling out. We have Dante being in the middle. We now have a fight over Wiley. AND of course...Carly about who Willow is now. While the triangle is slow (and I liked the slow build to Nina and Sonny and if they can handle the other now that they are not in Nixon Falls and that dance they did).

I am curious to see if Harmony's death will damage the friendship among Willow and Sasha. 

I continue to LIVE for every time Laura needles Esme on what she's doing. But I do feel she's too late as she already has her claws into Nikolas. 

With all these other stories building, I think now is the time for the reveal on Liz. 

Speaking of which I am sad that the teens have vanished again. 

I am happy to see Mac and Felicia are getting another story. And I am curious to see where they are going with Spinelli. 

I am sure that I've said that I like that Austin and Maxie are together because that keeps Austin from any of the characters I like having to prop him (sorry, Max), but I liked the scene they had a few days ago about money, life goals, etc. They were finally written with something of substance and Maxie reflecting on how far she's come was refreshing. It resonated a little with what's going on with me. So bonus. 

Any day where I can see Brooklyn and Chase together is a good day.

• Members

5-6

After the drama of the last few weeks, I found this Friday kinda low key. 

So assuming this new guy is not a refaced Morgan...could he be a Novak or part of that new mob family that's hiding in the wings?

I did like watching the aftereffects of Harmony's rampage. Sasha trying to keep her drug use under wraps and how it continues to be more and more messy and Valentin has a clue (not to mention he has his romance with Anna and how it conflicts with the Jennifer Smith/new mob boss story). Carly letting Willow know about Neil and her not being Harmony's...but not telling her who her mother is. Speaking of Mom...that court battle with Nina showing her claws again and teaming with Scott. Against Diane? I want those court scenes!!!

And the stories are looping back around to the hospital staff. Amy vs Terry is coming. And while predictable, I am surprised that Amy does not know who her brother is dating...nor Terry does not whom his sister is. Really? I like how it loops in their co-workers though. I live for Terry and Britt's growing friendship and still be able to have conflict due to being co-COS. 

Speaking of COS, Britt really is doing a great job at it. I love her scenes with TJ and getting to see how TJ feels after losing his first patient. Those were some great scenes. Now I just need the writers to loop back around to Epiphany testing that test.

And I love when tv shows acknowledge STAR WARS so I was here for those cute Chase/Brooklyn/Violet scenes. 

• Members

What does NB refer to?

I believe it may have been Wendy Riche's decision to recast Edward Quartermaine, after longtime portrayer, David Lewis, retired.  I am not so sure that went without saying at the time.  But it was an unbelievably successful recast.

Claire Labine liked to write socially conscious stories like Stone having AIDS, Monica having cancer, and BJ donating her heart to Maxie.  Ned and Lois provided the fun times and comedy.

• Members

Oh, sorry NB = Nurses' Ball. Yeah, and Robin & Stone was Wendy Riche's concept, to tell a story where straight kids would get caught with straight sex, etc. or however she put it to Claire, Wendy Riche said that Claire took that away & came back & pitched Robin & Stone & it was *exactly* what Wendy had wanted. That combination of collaborative spirit with some kind of serendipity of certain people working together, combined with a hullava lot of hard work. Mwah!  Yes, Edward was an excellent recast. The anniversary of BJ's heart was just yesterday, wasn't it? I think so.

• Members

Probably her Daughter's work for not requiring wearing of masks while on shift and patrons not wearing masks while there.

Plus her fiancee is immune compromised, So she wants him safe. 

Edited by John