General Hospital: May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's funny but I can actually stand it when Dante tries to talk to this new man whoever he is. Oh, right, we're going along to get along & calling him Sonny no matter how much we may feel he's some foreign creature. I dislike ALL of Sonny's scenes except when Dante is trying to reach him. And, I resent the time spent with Sonny & deadLenny and with Sonny & downhome new married advice to Brando! And, Brando likes this new guy. Go figure.

• Members

This show is zzzzzzzz. Slow as hell (yet with these lightning-quick scenes), dreary, with a lot of poorly defined, aimless characters and nothing that seems to link them together as a community. The show has no vibe, no heart, no humor.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

5-13

SMH. Spencer was soo close. But Kevin is onto him. Ugh. But I continue to be enjoying the teens story with Cam and Spencer trying to get the goods on Esme. Now it's going to be crazy.

Ooooo at Valentin trying to drive that wedge between Ned and Michael/Drew. 

I do like that rather than run off half-cocked that Carly is playing her cards close to the vest by doing that DNA test. I would have just thought she would have gone off and gotten revenge. But...twists and turns.

Okay...now I think it's about time for a Liz reveal. 

• Members

Totally. I’ve been watching a lot of Marland-era ATWT lately, and you definitely see today’s GH attempt a similar vision, but it’s just so poorly executed and scattershot. ATWT could be slow and repetitive too, but the characters and their relationships are so beautifully drawn (and have space to breathe) that you live for their every interaction. Carly/Nina are no Margo/Barbara.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

When I watch the show I'm just like "Who is this?" about so many people.

Alexis had a scene with a familiar character actor and a little girl in a park. I think he's Michael Easton's father. Why is his character's father even on the canvas? And who is that little girl's mother?

• Members

They feel like filler. Days has a similar problem. The cast is so enormous and the stories start and stop so much that there's no sense of purpose or focus. They're just making sure they have 5 hours to fill each week.

Oh. I didn't realize Rebecca Budig was on long enough to have a whole ass child.