General Hospital: May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That is how I feel as well. 

I just worry that going forward (and yes, I do own my behind-ness) that it will color how the character seems given what the actor posted. 

Just look at IR and Jax.

GH has problematic actors and actress that have managed to be their character and it does not color my perspective...lord that IR mess though.

But...hope springs. 

• Members

Yeah I wonder how things will shake out, including regarding how Rory's story with Trina develops going forward. I do understand that this may color some people's perspective of Rory going forward. I can separate the character from the actor in various cases (though not necessarily all especially if an actor seems extremely terrible/evil).  I can do that here for the time being especially if Michael is sincere about being better. And for now it seems like we will be seeing quite a bit of Rory/Trina going forward from what I've seen in spoilers. I will post some more spoilers about them in the summer preview thread).

IMO, they do have good chemistry, even better than what I've seen between her and NC/Spencer and I didn't originally think they would make Rory a psycho or anything like that. I do wonder in light of recent developments if their plans may change for the character or Rory, his role in Trina's story. For now I think it stays the same, but I do wonder what might happen later on. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Kruse is an attractive man and I am all for more frontburner AAPL representation on these shows, but putting aside his latest online drama he is thus far a C-player at best, and I am just not interested in watching the superior Trina recast be fobbed off on a side player to keep Frank's white teen female lead in the prime seat and to make Dubuque more comfortable. I think Ali's exceptional, I think she has great chemistry with Chavez and I think the course should be stayed on that popular romance, period. If they keep Kruse and he works out, he can develop separately. There's no reason Asian characters can't thrive on their own terms.

• Members

Oh MBK is def Green in Daytime He was better on Grey's. Maybe its the pace and he will get the hang of it

I still think that the plan is to make Rory go Cray Cray

With IR esecially the last couple years, he would make hateful and hurtful statements and not apologize or say how what he said may have hurt folks. He just didnt give an F

That outside additude made me want them to recast Jax

• Members

I think that more than likely Sprina will end up together, but I could see Trina dating Rory/him becoming her boyfriend first. I have enjoyed their interactions so far and I see good chemistry between them.  I just don't see as much romantic chemistry between TA/NC's version of Sprina so far. Particularly "softer" romantic chemistry, though them being at odds right now could be factoring into things.  I do think this current version of Sprina have a good angsty/"at odds" type of chemistry/dynamic going on and I thought their recent scenes at the gallery were good. I thought those scenes showed the potential with them and I've seen flashes elsewhere like at Kelly's when Cam knocked him out and she rushed over to his side. I think the show could build with them and their chemistry could possibly grow.

I would like to see that happen during more scenes with them together as this story unfolds. I think this triangle could end up being good. TA talked a little about it the recent SOD, when she talked about Trina having two different types of men interested in her. She did say Rory was a good guy in that interview. I think he may be that way unless the show ends up doing something else with him.

Edited by xtr

• Members

lol at Nik and Esme on today's show:

I mean... lol. 

Please register in order to view this content

I do think that Esme's plan regarding Nikolas is soapy but she acting like she wants to gobble him up. They are moving at a faster pace than Chase/Brook Lynn who have had feelings for each other for a while, but are still acting awkward around each other. Including on today's show. I do wish the show would pick up the pace with Chase/Brook Lynn, the will they or won't they get together angst needs to be over for those two and they need to become an official couple, IMO.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I agree as well that I would like to see where things are going. I see the actor and TA have great chemistry and I like the chemistry TA has with AC as well. So the potential for a triangle is there. And I feel like you feel that it might be a case that right when Spencer gets the good on Esme (and she falls into Cameron's arms to po Joss) that he will find himself on the outs because Rory and Trina will have become a couple. Moreso to keep the star-crossed drama going between Spencer and Trina that has been there since SM. 

We know I ain't heavy on them spoilers.

But I hope he don't go cray cray. He has a lot of potential so far and the writers do seem like they have gone through a lot to develop him a little bit. 

For now...at least, I can put some of that BTS drama off. 

Yeah. I don't know what happened to him, but ewww. It got to the point one could not unsee and it felt like Jax the character was just IR being himself.

I was hoping that all that buildup to Carly running the mob with Jax lecturing her was leading to him being the target to a mob hit from the Novaks...probably at Carly and Jason's wedding. But alas...

• Members

lol. She really was doing a whole lot there with that kiss. And Nik fell for her manipulation, though I wonder if he will stop things from going further tomorrow. This version of Nikolas isn't smart. Today Laura said that she thought that he had changed for the better since he got with Ava, but I think he's changed for the worse. He has acted very dumb many times since he has gotten with her.

I think that Rorina possibly getting together could actually help further fuel Sprina's romance. Spencer getting more jealous and besides himself as he sees Trina/Rory getting closer/dating could help come to terms with his feelings for Trina sooner. He's already acting a bit jealous of them now, referencing Rory as "that guy"/"him". and the way he acted when he saw them in the gallery the last time. Intentionally knocking over the sculpture and acting jealous when he asked Trina if she had shown Rory a piece of artwork. That's going to intensify as she gets closer/possibly dates Rory. I think that could help make an interesting and romantic triangle.  I would like to see the show pick up the pace with this story.

I want to see Spencer tell someone that he's in love with Trina. Heck that person could even be Ava, after they find out about that mess that is happening with Nikolas/Esme lol. He can distance himself further from Esme and continue to work on trying to help Trina/win her away from Rory. Maybe he will confess his feelings to her after she gets with Rory. That would be soapy. I could see something like that happening as/after her trial concludes.

I like seeing Trina being the center of a triangle, I wish Rory/an acceptable romantic rival for Spencer would have showed up even earlier in this story. But I am fine with the way things are playing out now, though I wish that the show would pick up the pace a bit. This show currently tends to drag with a lot of its romances including Sprina and Chase/Brook Lynn.  

Edited by xtr

• Members

In all fairness, none of these characters would get custody... in reality...

Wallow lived in a cult her whole life.

Michael is a convicted murderer.

Sonny is a known "Importer"/ mob boss.

Carly's history would make anyone think twice about awarding her custody.

Nina literally tore a baby from Ava's womb.

So why waste five episodes on a court case. Most of what needed to come out could have been done in two.

Thank Gawd for Scott keeping the proceedings entertaining.

Oh Nikolas  stop falling for Hannah O'Connor  Nelle Benson  Endive. Are you that stupid?   All that Cassadine inbreeding is showing   

With Drew around, Austin is even more unnecessary.   Casting Mathison as Austin could have saved countless awkward scenes.   I think KT  has some chemistry with CM.  Sam continues to bop around uselessly as well. If not for Dante, she'd just be the Quartermaine incubator....

I really wish they'd have made some real effort with Chet since he arrived.  The character and the actor deserved better.

• Members

Yeah that scene at the gallery was full of marvelous tension and they all played that so well. And hehe at 'that guy.' Shades of every time Brenda would say 'that girl/woman' rather than use Carly's name when Brenda visits. 

If Spencer admits his feelings, I would be shocked that it is not Ava he says it, too actually. She might even be the person that gets him to face it. 

LOVE Trina being the center of the triangle. I do like that they introduced Rory oh so slowly though. And I know we all discussed him them introducing a love interest for her a while ago, but I feel the timing was perfect in the end, especially due to how slowly he was introduced. I also in my viewing right now am ready for them to pick up the pace.

Yeah, I almost rolled my eyes when I saw Chase/Brook Lynn were about to talk about their feelings and her producer showed up. Can they not get a minute to talk about their feelings? lol.

• Members

Laura and the writers are high on their supply to say some shít like that. Ava is who she's always been - a high-toned mobbed-up bitch queen who came to town murdering people and leaving them to bleed out choking on their own blood. Nikolas (especially TC's Nikolas, who was much more about the intellect even at his worst moments vs. the recasts) likes her, likes her mind, likes her lust for power because he shares some of the same dark instincts she does. In being with Ava, an older, calculating partner, Nikolas has fully embraced the Cassadine aspect of himself, without having to apologize for it as he would with Emily or others. That's always been my take and it's always been who they are. When they try to mold these two into a romantic fantasy or largely heroic couple who good characters give acceptance to, the show is fooling itself; Nikolas and Ava are grey at best.

And that's okay! That works for them, and they have had chemistry under two different Nikolases. But you are correct that Coloma's Nikolas has been made very stupid in the last year at least, and his merely decent skill is not enough to salvage it. If he wants to fùck Esme - as I knew he would - then he should just do it. Nikolas has embraced the shadow side by committing to life with Ava, and cheating on her with a young girl is just the next step.