ATWT LEGEND KATHRYN HAYS PASSES AWAY

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Does anyone have when she met Sabrina the first time??? i always wondered how it is, Kathryn was beautiful talented elegant, and versatile if you look for her Western days i can find her in totally opposite characters Sweet Prudence on Bonanza and "Tornado Frances" on The High Chaparral not that apart in time, i never got to see much of her on ATWT but loved what i saw She'll Sure Be Missed RIP To a Lovely Lady

PS: i must get away from soaps every time i get interested in a particular performer death strikes

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

All the comments and outpouring of memories and emotions in this thread just prove my point: it's not the storylines we care about; it's the characters, and the actors who play them.  They are what sustain us as viewers through good times and bad.

If only someone would remind TPTB of that.

• Members

All of this!!!

I have to admit there’s a couple times I’ve gotten phone calls letting me know great aunt who or some cousin has passed away without feeling any type of emotional connection yet there has been a select few  soap performers over the years that when they passed I was bawling my eyes out. 

• Members

Yep.  And when soaps were being tossed aside for Game Shows and Talk shows I said, no one will ever say things like, remember when that woman won the car, remember that time XX said XX on The Talk, etc.  There might be some nice memories that someone remembers about such shows and things, but not the way you remember characters on a soap.  When you travel far from home, move to a new place, of course there is a familiarity with a show like Price is Right or a talk show.  But nothing takes you home like the characters on soaps when they were done well.  Those people become family in a way to us unlike anything else.  Hays was one of those people that you turned on the TV, no matter where you were in your life, and you were 'home' for a few minutes.  We're lucky that we got to see soaps when they were good, and it's sad that only we will remember.  

• Members
  • Members

how ago? i went ack 10 pages didn't find

i remember seeing it some time ago she's fabulous, she's so classy

she was also a lovely bride

i believe some early 1970's episodes have popped up lately on youtube maybe you'll get lucky if you search