ATWT LEGEND KATHRYN HAYS PASSES AWAY

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

End of another face from a bygone era. RIP Kathryn! And I was just rewatching the Bob/Susan/Kim story from the early 90s. It was the epitome of mature charachters still being utilized! The multi generational community is what makes me love World Turns. Loved her short haircut and she was always well dressed! Glad we got to see her on the Locher room last year.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

RIP to the one and only Kathryn Hays. That face, that voice...she was an icon of CBS Daytime and embodied literally every thought that crosses my mind when I think of "grandma's stories."

The more of early Kim that we can get our hands on, the better. I'd be happy to just see that very short tag scene of Kim and Jennifer from the end of a 1974-1975 episode one more time, with Kim's ENORMOUS hair taking up half the frame.

• Members

Julianne has often spoken of the generosity of Kathryn Hays and Don Hastings. No production Is perfect and I am sure BTS had its issues even in her time but I have always appreciated how Moore has chosen to highlight how the generosity of her colleagues on the show, from Marisa Tomei showing her around on her first day to Don and Kathryn showing her spaces to stand as to get the best light in scenes.

That cast photo and publicity still from the Doug Cummings story bring back so many memories rushing home from elementary school trying to get to see the second half of the show, even though I had usually programmed the VCR to record the episode. It was that compelling back in those days.

Since Julianne and Marisa Tomei are so close, I do wonder whether word has gotten to Tomei as well?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

If were Letting it go into Kathryn's pre-ATWT years here are two moments of her great acting in her youth total opposites

i just googled maybe Kathryn wasn't around in 1975-76, She was absent for a while and Patty "Bad Seed" McConmarck subed for her for a considerable time, like they did with Betsy von Furstenberg as Lisa in the 1980's

• Members

Kim was pretty much front burner and popular when Patty played the role.

I wonder how she approached it and what the audience reaction was?

Did they perhaps delay some story points until Kathryn returned?

i'd love to see at least a photo of Patty as Kim as I've always known Patty to be blonde.Did she wear a dark wig to play Kim?