GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

It's like that comment that Dixie Carter's Julia once made on "Designing Women": all the girls back then were being named Tiffany and Heather, and she wondered how it would sound when they were elderly.  "Of course," she said, "by then, all the girls will be named Beulah, Maude and Ethel."

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

2-16

Wow. It has slowed down, but it hasn't. The writers have snatched up the momentum and gotten their groove back. Thank you Jesus!!!!

I love how the A story is Peter/Maxie/Louise but they are allowing it to breath and playing the beats with it. Letting it lead to so many developments. From the baby reveal getting around to everyone slowly. Dealing with how people feel about that (especially Brooklyn). Victor's connection to it. Valentin being found. Austin and Dr. O team up. More and more Felicia navigating it all. And I love that she got to see her grandbaby and show Mac, but know it's best she has to stay with Brooklyn and Chase whom Brooklyn was falling apart without...but at the same time allowing Brooklyn and Chase to sllooooowwwly (great slow burn) deal with the elephant in the room. Loving it. 

And when the story is not on that...it is focused on the OTHER A story...Carly/Sonny/Nina. And the fallout from Carly walking in on Sonny/Nina has been great, too. It is surprising that Carly and Nina STILL have not run into each other yet. That is going to be a delicious shoe to drop. Ava's reaction is still my favorite so far. And even this...they are slowly letting it get out. Joss just figured it out and she's mad. Michael just found out, but he can shut up. lol. And Sonny thankfully is back on those meds. And Carly is cooking something up for Nina. Hmmm....

Where is Chet and Terry? lol. I liked those VD episodes. 

I guess B story is this stuff with Willow's parentage. It has a decent start. And it's been used to bring Harmony and Alexis together. If her being Nina's daughter is just a red herring...which is how it sounds...who is Joan? 

I can't believe that after all that build up...Curtis has turned into the C story again. Just meh. Same with Liz's storyline. But it has a nice build and I am intrigued. Someone said DID. I never thought of that. But...could these writers do that justice enough or do I just have worries because when I think DID now, I think RC on OLTL

• Members

JPS is still recurring, I'm not sure why they listed him when he didn't appear.
I have no idea how they make these determinations, lol.
It is rare to credit child actors, Jophielle Love has gotten credited a few times last year.

• Members

Thanks!  After I posted, I noticed that Amelie McLain was in the Friday Feb 11th closing credits.   So weird that there seems to be no pattern.
I would have thought that they'd pick the recurring actors to credit by seniority, or number of lines that week, or significance. But it seems completely random.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

JPS is always credited first and 99% of the time is credited even if he does not appear. The only week I've seen him removed was the week of Sean Donely's memorial last year, where they needed his slot for someone else.

For the other six actors credited, the only pattern that I've noticed is that if an actor doesn't appear that week, they'll delete their name from whatever spot they're in and replace their name with someone else. So from one week to the next, you'll notice the people that appear in both set of credits are in the same spot. But if they get deleted from the list and re-added in a later week, they'll be in a different spot, taking over from someone else who was deleted. Does that make sense? Therefore, the credit order is definitely completely meaningless but not completely random, lol.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

2-24

FINALLY!!! And by finally, I meant I got to the 'Everyone Finds Peter' episode.

And Felicia, girl...

Top 30 I Love Joseline Pls GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

I thought it was a good choices for who ended his life. Though I don't see why Anna should feel guilty and THANK YOU Scorpio for doing what most of us would want and celebrate those heroes as soon as they walk through the hospital door!!! Key to the city indeed. 

The only loose end I see now is...what does Victor want with Drew anyway. What knowledge does he has?