General Hospital January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You think anybody in Port Charles has a problem with the fact that the Mayor is bffs with the local mob boss?

Please register in order to view this content

I live for Carly/Nina scenes. Keep em’ comin. “I thought you were smart, but you’re an idiot”

And count me in as someone else who thinks Nicholas Chavez is cute and a very talented actor

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. I liked the Portia/Trina scenes where Portia was giving Trina good advice about Ava, and her feelings on the cabin. I also continue to like CS as Victor. I thought it was funny when he called Spencer "Spencer Nikolossovich". He was using the multiple names like an older relative does to get a younger person in line, lol. I wonder if Spencer may actually start to listen to him at least a little and that may help his relationship with Nikolas. Though Laura still doesn't like Victor and is weary of his influence on Spencer/Nikolas.

I thought that the Sonny/Laura and especially the Carly/Nina scenes were good today. I liked seeing Laura give Sonny advice and him being honest with her. Those scenes were nice. And I thought that Carly/Nina scenes were good. Nina is doing a very good job of going toe to toe with Carly. She is not scared of Carly and is holding her own against her. And she's not being screechy, she's more even-keeled on how she's handling things. She handled Carly well.  Though, I did expect Carly to slap her at some point with the stuff she was saying and she ended up doing so lol. 

And I wonder who put Liz's wedding ring in her locker. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I don't care who put the ring in Liz's locker, as long as it keeps her from more awkward kisses with Dawgy Daddy. I prefer to pretend she never married the Turd. It's much easier now that he's gone. 

If anyone did it, it's going to end up being Liz herself, trying to c*ckblock 

Please register in order to view this content

Why is it so hard for Nikolas to love his son and wife at the same time?   Most people do it every day. I realize the slights (like pretending he was dead, not revealing it sooner), but seriously?  So stupid.

Most people forget how close the friendship between Laura and Sonny has always been.  Even after Lucky's "death" in the fire, she was always on Sonny's side. She's one of the few that has never shied from honesty with him.

Luke's death feels to me like  #firefrank went to Tony Geary to try and get him to do a short stint to ease the sting of losing Burton. Geary declined and so "Let's kill off Luke" was born. There's not a huge group in the cast (no Lucky, Ethan, Lulu, Valerie, Dillon, Skye, Lucas) to really mourn him. Of the few that are related--Bobbi---( and I did lose it when she heard) ex-wife Laura (married, own life), Elizabeth --surrogate daughter, ex-daughter -in-law) hasn't been told, but then, Frank always disses Elizabeth with his OLTL table scraps. Tracy--we know won't be around long, though a couple of weeks of JE is always like a year's worth of Christmas.  Alexis-- meh.   Carly is too involved with her own chit to be bothered, but I hope we get Carly/Bobbi/Josslyn scenes. 

No Scotty around to gloat....

Who else to mourn?    Robert, Anna, Felicia, ?Mac?, Lucy (not told yet)-- why bother?    Because #firefrank is a petty little man whose stink is long past his use-by date. I see rumors of Luke's death being a sham, but I'd rather they leave the character deceased.  Bring back some favorites to mourn him (Denise Alexander, Nathan Parsons, Jonathan Jackson, Ryan Carnes and Robin Christopher.) Leave Lila Rae behind and show Jackson interacting with Cam, Jake and Aiden for a short time. Let Lucky ask Elizabeth what she was thinking marrying the man that kidnapped their son, and why is she involved with her sister's ex?  Film some future phone calls with Lucky talking to the boys, have Ethan touch base with Robert about  the missing Holly.   Martin comforting Lucy is yet another great thing to take from this.

End the "big mystery" around Curtis's hat daddy and just let him interact with the eligible ladies in his trajectory-- Stella, Epiphany and newly widowed Phyllis.-- And leave Jordan curing that kidney!  The role doesn't need a replacement anytime soon.  The secrets about Stella never sending the divorce papers and Portia's truth can stay buried for a while.

Hoping to see Trina be a real thorn in Epi-Pen's side on this "weekend at the cabin".  I'm glad she's finally seen the claws on Ava.   Also hoping she sees through Victor and gets through to Spencer.

Looking forward to Victor/Laura scenes.

God bless Cynthia Watros-- someone can actually go toe to toe with Laura Wright and not back down.  I just wish the character wasn't such a long-term train wreck.

Chase with that Baby bjorn is adorable. Get up on that, Brooklynn!!!

Can we just kill off Peter and give Maxie that friggin baby back?

• Members

wait, Trina knew what Ava did to Morgan all this time and was still close to her, wow!

Liking Victor and Spencer. Perhaps Mr. Sheffield becomes the new Cassedine patriarch if he stays on long term. 

I want to imagine Sarah and Tamera's Carly reacting to Nina bragging about her quasi affair with Sonny. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

The Laura/Sonny scenes were top tier! 

After all these years, Benard has found footing and delivering really good work.  It only took 30 years but who's counting?  Super happy Genie is back!  Sonny's struggle is real and Benard is doing a fantastic job with it.  I actually felt bad because this man does not want to love Nina, he just does.  Laura was delicately pulling the information from him as she tried to get him to put himself in his wife's shoes.  That was some incredible stuff yesterday.  The show has been hitting the mark lately.