General Hospital January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

This Louise story is stupid. Since Tracy has most of it figured out, why wouldn't Brooklyn and Maxie just explain to her that they're doing this to protect the baby from Peter? That way Tracy won't spill the beans to everyone. Dumb. 

I love how Dante wants to hear all the details about Sonny and Nina. And I loved Ava's glee over hearing about what happened at Nina's trial. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is the same bs they used for keeping Valentin in the dark and having Chase claim to be the father. Poor decision making and it’s making the characters look even more dumb than they were before.

Meanwhile poor Wendy is falling for the “media hype”

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Luke’s “death” has gotten GH more press than they’ve had in a long time so I guess mission accomplished? I don’t know why but it feels a little gross doing this while Geary is still alive. I was no Luke fan but still. 

• Members

The whole thing is just bizarre.

Let's say Luke really is dead. I mean a cable car accident, really? Lol. And the timing is just so bizarre. None of his kids are on the show and it really doesn't affect that much at this point. Luke hasn't been relevant to the canvas in years honestly. So it's like... why? Why now? It would've made more sense to do this when Geary first retired.

Let's say it's a fake death. Again... why? Does anyone actually think Geary is going to return to the U.S. to play some back from the dead story? Of course not. Whether this death is real or fake, I just don't get the point. 

Maybe I'm wrong and some huge story will be generated from this, but right now I'm just not seeing it. 

It's also annoying because we're still watching the town mourn Jason, and now we have to see everyone mourn Luke too. Plus a dead baby. It's just so much death and doom and gloom. 

• Members

I'm not seeing it either.  If Laura were still single and/or pining for Luke, I'd get it.  At the very least, Luke's death would allow her to move on.  And if Luke weren't really dead, then having him pop back up when Laura and her new beau were about to get married or something would provide a good, classic, soapy twist (provided, of course, Tony Geary wanted to return and play out that scenario, which we know he doesn't, lol).

However, Laura moved on years ago with Kevin.  So, what's the point?

• Members

Especially since Kevin is aware and acknowledged how important he is to Laura.  So it’s not going to cause issues there!

JZ just about broke my heart though.  She and Genie were good in those scenes.  But it feels like a plot point and not an actual story.  So far.

And there really is no good reason why the show isn’t using Lucky, even as a recast (except of course Frank needing Liz for his friends).  It’s time.  Lulu too.

• Members

Although I didn’t care for her Lulu, it was kind of strange.  They brought back Dante and got rid of her.  I wasn’t sure if it was a contract thing or a budget thing (or both).  But again- we still have ME and RH, both flopping about in characters that could leave at any moment.

• Members

Agreed GH needs to bring back Lucky and Lulu.   I'd prefer Greg Vaughan as Lucky, maybe even Jacob Young now that he's older and doesn't have the bleach blonde hair.  I liked Jonathan Jackson as a kid, teen & 20's, but after that didn't care for him, since he looked too young for the part and IMHO is overrated as an adult actor.  I hope they'd bring back Julie Berman a Lulu, but would be ok with Emme Rylan as well. 

• Members

Good episode today. Even the cliffhanger was pretty good. I do like seeing angry Carly. Laura always plays that so well.

The image of Chase holding Baby Bailey/Louise in the baby sling was adorable and I like that he's starting to pick up on Brook Lynn's feelings for him.

And I love the idea of Spencer working at the gallery and Trina being his boss. Hopefully, Esme will be so distracted causing problems for Joss and Cam (i.e. seducing Cam) that she won't be able to see Sprina growing closer until it's too late.

Frank's revenge, for Mo forcing him to hire back Dominic Zamprogna and having to fire his OLTL friend 

Please register in order to view this content

Clearly he doesn't see that the title of 'Next Luke and Laura' is reserved for Sprina 

I do like Brando/Sasha though and I hope the writers invest in them more.

• Members

This is blasphemy to me. If JJ was actually willing to come back full time there’s no other option IMO. I don’t think he wants that though since he moved his family to Ireland, so I would be willing to accept a recast but neither JY or GV is right for the part. JJ embodied the Spencer in Lucky and as the only one on the canvas someone with that same character is needed. 

Loved seeing Trina and Spencer today, with Ava pushing them together. And finally Spencer admitted he led her on, which is a start. Also some good moments with Cam and Esme. I don’t remember angry Cam but like Esme I wouldn’t mind seeing that. Anyway crazy chick is gonna drug the whole cabin! Can’t wait. 

Finn and Liz are super boring and Nina needs to stop being so damn nice about Sonny. But good show today.