General Hospital January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

We know the reason Felicia has been on and off so much (Kristina Wagner wasn't on the show) but have they bothered to give Felicia a deeper reason for essentially abandoning her daughters? I know they've had Maxie berate her and had Felicia cry about it but is there any deeper psychological reason why she was an absentee mother once her kids hit their teens?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think it's some big enigma. Felicia basically had a midlife crisis when she got sprung for Luke (also in his own midlife crisis at the time) and rediscovered the adventure '80s with him, and it wrecked everything. The girls were still kids then, though Maxie was becoming a teen, and I think it was easier for Felicia to keep digging the hole once she was already in it. She went off to Texas supposedly to take care of Mariah, but that didn't last; Guza had her claiming she was off doing missions with Frisco in the mid-2000s when she returned briefly after Georgie's death. And it made a sort of dysfunctional sense at that point - she'd destroyed her life with Mac and the girls, so once she'd already left town she ran off again with the man who had been an even worse parent than her. I assume there is some stuff with Maxie excoriating her in 2007 or 2008 or whenever Georgie died and Kristina came back that has Maxie probing at this a bit, because God knows RC didn't bother with deeper exploration in dialogue.

Ron and Frank wrote a conclusion to this stuff very poorly when they brought her back in 2012, because they dumped virtually all the longtime dialogue writers and cut scenes/segments to the bare minimum length per Frank's preference; it never really got dug into much beyond the surface drama and behavior. But Felicia did recommit herself to Maxie and Mac over the next couple years and it redeemed the character for me. I just wish that stuff had been better written.

• Members

1-26

Ava, Carly, and Brooklyn in a scene together. I never seen them in scenes together (and it's nice to get Brooklyn out of those blazers showing off her bod), but it was worth it just for Brooklyn's reactions to Ava vs Carly. But Ava 'tread lightly' read was EVERYTHING. Complete with the finger crawl.

THE TEENS FINALLY MADE IT TO THE CABIN!!! Yes!!! And Esme's jealousy is so delicious to see. Especially since Trina is inspiring Spencer to conquer his fears. And their union reaction to Spencer's joke. lol. Also love the cabin set.

Sonny's manic episode is hard to watch, but entertaining all the same. I might have to take back what I said earlier today though in the GH Feb Sweeps thread though. 

Now I'm wondering who is this new player if it is not Victor. re: Sonny's new rival. They have been hinting about this for months, but I was thinking it was Victor this whole time. If Victor is just misdirection...which Jennifer Smith's appearance reveals...then who is it? 

Now Valentin is on to the Bailey secret. Not to mention Victor himself. I guess it's safe to say the Bailey reveal much be set for February. After all, the more people know, the more chance secrets are revealed. Perfectly timed.