General Hospital January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No one is asking them to be at her bedside, but they at least could've shown Cam or Joss talking through the door asking if Trina is all right? While they could've had Trina say something like "Yeah" or they could've had said that they checked on her offscreen, and she was asleep. 

This makes me wish they would bring in another young adult male onto the scene to mix it up with Trina. Causing Spencer to be like "What is happening?" And this one wouldn't be interested in Josslyn romantically either. But we know that's not happening anytime soon. 

I also think the issue is they write the teens on this show like they're 15 or 16 and not 18 or 19 in college. And I do think it's weird they never have Trina tell off Esme everytime Esme say something cunning to her. 

• Members

100%.  Trina is much better and more interesting than Joss.

Could be.  My sister was diagnosed with Celiac's disease and she lost a lot of weight because it's just so limiting on what you can eat. 

Yeah.  They should have checked on her.  It just really wasn't something that I noticed or bothered me, so I was curious why it was bothering others.   

• Members

A lot has gone wrong in this teen storyline, but I think this was just the last straw for a lot of fans (me included). They brought Spencer on and had him immediately click with a Trina, teasing that couple all summer long. As they’re about to have their first kiss, they bring on his long-term girlfriend and that’s the story for the next six months. 

I’m sure SM’a schedule hasn’t helped, but it feels like a bait and switch. Having Trina be absent for the culmination of the cabin trip, where Esme finally gets told off, was just bad storytelling. But to me it also feels like a sign of where this story is going. I know GH does this all the time, they take potentially great stories or pairings and throw them away. Doesn’t make it less annoying. 

• Members

I do think Trina/Spencer is where the show is going it's just taking a while and it's lost its momentum some what.

All the teens are decent and I think SM and WL are a cut above, but I have trouble seeing any of them leading the show in the way it was obvious KMc or JJ could immediately.  I think you could tell someone like SBu was very capable even when Jason Q was a bore. Even if Vanessa was a green actress in the beginning you could tell she was a star in about 5 scenes.  Eden McCoy has been leading stories for several years now and the fact is she's just bland.   I think EM would work much better in a supporting role and Trina should be the lead, but I think that's the general consensus of this entire board lol.

• Members

Yeah, you all are making me dread these scenes when I get to them. Even sounds like there is some bit of backlash online, too.

To think I was excited for the teens to make it to that cabin they have been building up to for months and it goes bad wrong, not soap bad wrong.

Well, I'll judge it when I get there.

I did go ahead and watch the first few minutes of the Chase in black boxer briefs clip online. Black socks. My kind of man. lol. 

• Members

They're all pretty green except Lipton, who is susceptible to bad habits picked up from older hams. I think he's the most skilled but Mikayla and Chavez are enjoyable and charismatic and have a ton of potential, plus they're not chained to Joss. McCoy is passable at best. Still, overall it's the strongest talent GH has had in a youth scene since the 2000s.

• Members

Ha I never thought of It that way before but I can definitely see Lipton having picked up some chewing the scenery habits from RoHo. I agree though they’ve got some nice talent to develop here. We were quite spoiled in the 90s with Kim Mc, JJ, Amber, Becky and even Steve Burton back then.