General Hospital January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It does feel interesting to me that he has been on the scene since MAY and besides the scenes establishing who he was he has had literally zero story of his own.
They have screen-tested him with several actresses but the more salient point is that they have actually not pulled the trigger on any of them despite having plenty of opportunity.
And besides his supporting role in the Leo story, that could have easily been any of the medical characters, they have actually not used him to drive or advance story at all.
We see him and he exists but he is not even a supporting player. He is at Spinelli-level in terms of story importance.

It is interesting because if they really wanted to push him on us, that's not how to do it. It seems to me that using him so little is either them realizing they have to move cautiously because the very idea of RH on a third role is so poorly received or them recognizing it is not working at all. They are giving a cushy job to RH where he shows up but doesn't have to do anything of value but they are not, all things considered, shoving him down our throats.
I know how I expected this to go when he showed up and how much Franco was used and overused and actually oversold, and I am actually relieved here

• Members

Oh at first they were forcing RH in several directions, and it was bordering on disaster.  I think they have had to adjust because it isn’t working.  They made his family tie a dead end when we should have gotten Jimmy Lee (even just a few eps here and there) to at least try to make Austin into an actual character instead of what he is- RH wandering around.  This whole idea is a huge flop, they can’t even seem to find a spot for him at all.

Poor Genie is having to sell that Luke is actually dead.  When you watch GH the decisions just do not add up, which makes it hard to invest.

• Members

Very much same. We are beyond the point of “needing” decent people to like Sonny to absolve him and show him as a good character, but in the early days it often felt like that was what Laura did (along of course with Robin). Always hated it. 

Portia and Curtis are both gorgeous but super boring together. There’s no angst to their romance and definitely no passion.