General Hospital January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sure Luke isn't dead but we all know Geary isn't coming back so I just don't understand the point of any of this. 

I just started watching today's episode and all I can do is shake my head. Why is Peter getting all this story and airtime? A murder trial? He's getting a lawyer to try to beat the Franco charges? Kill this idiot off already. Literally nobody wants to see this. 

• Members

I have nothing but fond memories of that 90s opening! It helped that I was generally excited to watch the show everyday then, but the portraits were also more joyful. 

I genuinely don’t get it either. They could have brought Tracy back in another way if that was the goal. And if this is for some caper they didn’t need a fakeout death of a somewhat elderly man. 

• Members

Agree.  I mean I could figure out what they were going for even though I missed seeing Sonny actually say it on the show, so that means it's at least decent.

And it doesn't make sense in relation to Jasons, but it never made sense it was like 10 times bigger but next door either.   I always assumed Tiffany and Sean put A LOT of work into it before they sold it to Sonny and Catherine Bell just didn't before Jason bought his lol.

I guess this is one way to get press?  What a strange story beat to bring up now.  Especially with 0 Luke offspring on screen these days.

• Members

Historically I am the worst at predicting GH plots, but I think Luke's death plays on a couple of levels, (1) Laura recently came back to town and this will cause conflict in her relationships, (2) it solidifies Victor as a threat without having to kill off a contract character, and (3) it resets Tracey making her more likely to interfere with BLQ and Austin.

• Members

I meant that her son/grandson's uncle just killed her ex-husband, and when the inevitable justice occurs for Victor what will it mean for Spencer?

I think there's a lot riding on Spencer as the future of GH, and perhaps his grandmother's grief will effect the choices he makes with regard

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

If the Cassadines killed Luke for real, Laura and Lucky alone and probably Scorpio too would not rest until they'd wiped the ones responsible out. There's a lack of stakes and urgency on this show and it started (in its latest iteration, anyway) with nobody lifting a finger when Billy Joel a.k.a. Valentin came back to town free and clear after 'killing' Nikolas.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Have any of the press ever watched soaps? You'd think they wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly about Luke's "death". Especially, if they aren't even watching the show.

The whole story has been flat so far. If they wanted maximum effect, the whole episode should of centered around people in town finding out (Laura, Bobbie, Robert, Anna, Felicia, etc) and giving them each a chance to have (flashback) memories of Luke from the past. Show just how important of a character he once was instead of mentioning it in passing and moving on.