DAYS: Makeup room photo chart reveals contract cast for some point in 2022

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

?? I personally thought her "exit" was one of the best in soap, these days. Setting up for further story down the line. I love how DAYS has been planting seeds for future story where the pay off isn't for 6 months to a year. I miss that in soap. It's really boring how there is none of that and everything wraps up in a few weeks-to-a month, because writers believe viewers are impatient, and then stories really suffer. 

• Members

To be fair, this exit created more drama in the sense that Xander moved on with Gwen because he thought he was dumped by Sarah, but at the same time he wasn't. So there's actually a love triangle there that's at least somewhat complex where no party is exactly wrong (well, except for Gwen for keeping Sarah's whereabouts from Xander). I don't mind them taking a while for Sarah to return tbh - I just hope this isn't another case where Sarah will end up popping in and out of the show a la Ali Sweeney.

• Members

Totally. I wish they'd actually accounted for WHY people didn't question Sarah's whereabouts sooner. If Maggie couldn't get a hold of her other than the odd text message, why didn't she contact Rex? Why didn't Roman or Kate happen to ask Rex, "Hey, how are things with Sarah?" during the months he was gone?

• Members

Kristen had used Sarah's cellphone to text Maggie that Sarah was enroute to leave the USA to go to some far-off place to do "Doctors Without Borders" and would be unreachable. Maggie fell for it.  All this time, Maggie believed that Sarah was with Doctors Without Borders, unreachable.

I think Kristen-as-Sarah sent a similar text to Rex -- that she'd decided against a relationship with Rex, and would be out of the country unreachable. Something along those lines. Since Sarah made it clear (via text) that she didn't want a relationship, Rex simply accepted it.

But Kristen didn't text Xander in the same way, that Sarah was out of the country. Instead, Kristen set it up so that Xander would believe Sarah left town with Rex.

The ruse was discovered only recently when Xander encountered Rex visiting Salem -- and he asked Rex about Sarah, and Xander learned that Sarah had never left with Rex.

I mean all of this is sort of reasonable?
But you'd think that if Sarah really was with Doctors Without Borders, there would have been an occasional opportunity for her to get a message out to Maggie by email or postal mail, etc. 

But yeah the point made by another poster above ... Wouldn't Roman and Kate have asked Rex how Sarah is?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

They retroactively explained that Rex had joined Doctors Without Borders, too, so I guess it's possible that Kate and Roman didn't really have contact with him until he showed up. But they didn't explain any of this until Sarah had been gone for months and months. It does not feel like it should've taken THIS long for anyone to realize something was amiss.