DAYS: Makeup room photo chart reveals contract cast for some point in 2022

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Based on interviews about his web series "After Forever", Spirtas is serious about portraying a gay man over 50 finding love in a real way.

The web series was in 2018-2019. "After Forever" was about a man who was happily married to his husband for 15 years, and then his husband gets cancer and passes away ... and then the series is about their friends helping him with the grief, and he is remembering his husband lovingly. and then eventually he ventures out to find love again -- real love.  It won a lot of awards.  
https://www.glaad.org/blog/five-time-emmy-award-winning-‘after-forever’-must-watch-digital-series-about-gay-men

I don't know how Carlivati would write this, though.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The only thing that is going to make me angrier than them writing this story for this actor is that it is going to devolve into dumb gay jokes and sexual innuendos past the first week.
Just so that we can make the story as unhelpful for LGBT representationas possible.
And I say that as someone who enjoys Leo for what he is.

• Members

Count me among those who think this is crap. Craig ADORED Nancy, weight or no weight. I am all for representation, so bring back Will/Sonny to the main show and build upon that. But to pull this just seems like Ron with another shiny toy, and Craig - and Nancy - will be destroyed in another wave of shallow campy bullshyt.

Ron just cannot help himself.

• Members

That Craig and Nancy news is so sad! I feel like she’ll likely be kicked to the curb and the focus will be on him. I don’t mind the story idea in general, but they were such a unique and likable couple. 

If anything, I’d make somebody like Xander bi or gay. Hell, maybe even Philip and see if that can salvage his character. 

• Members

This is a story that should be told, but I doubt Days can be trusted to do it justice.

I get the outcry and the feeling that the couple positively  represented a unique and unconventional pairing and that should not be devalued, but can also see that Craig and Nancy would be the right couple to tell that story.

• Members

Craig's one of those characters who I'd believe was bisexual all along. It would be an interesting twist (if this is where they're going) that Nancy has known their entire relationship that Craig was bi and had relationships with men before her, but he's also loved and genuinely been attracted to Nancy this whole time. And they never revealed it to Chloe, who resents being kept in the dark.