DAYS: Makeup room photo chart reveals contract cast for some point in 2022

• Members

And as often happens, a gay writer is pushing this. The same writer who told viewers that gay men fake hate crimes for sympathy, gay men live to harass and sexually assault straight men. This is the end result of a pampered non-talent who has had 15 years of gushing, unearned reviews.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That is a good point.  I don't want that negated.

If Craig does come out as gay or bi or fluid, I want it to be a real story and not one of Ron's gimmicks.  And it must remain true that Craig genuinely loved and was attracted to Nancy.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Thank you! My thoughts exactly.

The story of someone who is older coming out of the closet after a long marriage isn't the issue. The issue is that it's being done because Kevin Spiritas is gay and that it retcons the nice aspect of Nancy/Craig's marriage (ie a man who is attracted to plus-size woman). I think a lot of people are often hyperbolic when it comes to soaps in general these days, but this truly does suck.

• Members

Ok so it's only speculation at this point. The only thing official is that Nancy comes to Salem to tell Chloe that she(Nancy) suspects that Craig is having an affair. And there's something surprising (perhaps Nancy's imagination suspects something shocking, or maybe there really is something shocking).  And then several days later, Craig arrives in Salem to set things straight with Nancy and Chloe.

I mean, it could be something like I saw on another show years ago, the suspected cheater was actually secretly privately tutoring an adult how to read, and that adult student didn't want anyone to know he/she couldn't read -- not even the tutor's spouse.

And wasn't there a thing on Days where hospital chief of staff (and lead character) Dr. Tom Horton was going out mysteriously, and his wife Alice was concerned about him. And it turned out Tom had been secretly writing poetry as a hobby and reciting his poetry as at a beatnik coffeehouse under the stage name Norm De Plume. He also wore a disguise so Alice wouldn't know what he was up to. 

Then one night, Tom was performing, and Alice had figured out where he was, and she slipped into the audidence, and Tom was reciting this love poem he'd written about Alice:

• A Love Poem for Alice
    by Norm De Plume (Tom's alias when he became a poet.)

You can go years without realizing other people
    know things about you, you don't.
    You could walk down the street and pass yourself,
    without knowing who it was you passed.
    It's hard enough to catch up with yourself and
    then it doesn't do you any good because you
    don't know who it is, you've caught up with.
    The only one who really knows is the girl.
    The girl you first danced with.
    Keep dancing with me, keep dancing with me girl.
    Don't stop. Please don't stop.
    If you do,I can't stand, I fall down, I tip over.

And of course Alice's heart glowed when she heard his voice and realized he'd been writing love poems about her. I seem to remember that he looked up and saw she was there while he was reciting the poem.

I've seen speculation that Craig really is having an affair with someone of any gender.  But what if he's not? Maybe Craig is faithful to Nancy.  Maybe Craig is secretly doing a mission of mercy, or trying out a new hobby -- and Nancy falsely assumes he's having an affair. 

At this point, the only thing that indicates that Craig's secret is "shocking" is that Ron tweeted "brace yourselves..." in relation to the announcement that Nancy and Craig are coming to town.

Or maybe the devil is multitudes jumping in and out of people- even those who are connected to Salem but not living there.
Maybe Craig is doing some crazed scheme under the influence of the devil, but it doesn't have anything to do with sex/romance.  The entity has already influenced Philip and Lucas to do crazy things - without actually possessing them.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

100%. I am reacting to the idea now so if it does happen, I will have gone through the anger phase already

Please register in order to view this content

I hope not and frankly, from the spoilers, it sounds like the more classic tale of "wife-thinks-husband-has-an-affair-but-actually-he-has-a-different-secret".
But it is plausible enough that I believe it could happen and it makes me mad. And the regulars here will have noticed I don't get mad that often!

• Members

An older man finally coming out after years of being closeted or making himself believe that he was straight actually would be a good story to tell. I don't think it's ever been done before on a soap.

It's just would need to be handled with care and not be just some meanspirited gimmick. 

• Members

All I can say is, if the rumors are true, and Craig indeed comes out of the closet to Nancy and Chloe, please, for the love of Donna Summer, don't make Leo his lover.  In fact, don't let Craig's new, same-sex partner be anyone we've already seen on this show.  DAYS is incestuous enough.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Well, don't stone me but that was kind the gist of the OLTL Daniel story, wasn't it?
LOL
Bold and Beautiful also did that story properly with Karen, as played with Joanna Johnson who came out of the real-life closet at the same time. See the pattern I was mentioning ?

Anyway, yes, the story would be lovely to tell. Not with this character and not with an out gay actor as long as we only have, like, five of them on daytime.