• Members

My earliest memories of The Guiding Light were of Nola and later Quint. Planted the seeds of my love for both GL and the genre overall.  Was so ecstatic when she returned to GL in the 90s and I'm just glad she returned at all. RIP.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm beyond sad. I had the pleasure of watching her on both Guiding Light and As The World Turns. I also had the pleasure of meeting her in 1997. I worked at a mall in Paramus NJ. She and Julie Poll were signing copies of The Guiding Light 60th Anniversary coffee table book and she was so nice and friendly. I am wrecked right now. 

• Members

so many thoughts about lisa brown.

nola was perhaps my late mother’s all-time favorite soap character. several years after my mother died, i was doing some research at the madison archives. i cannot say how stunned i was to read in douglas marland’s original longterm for nola-kelly-morgan that his original intention was for kelly to end up with morgan.

besides wondering what my mother would have thought, i would also love to know why marland decided to change course. i’ve never heard anything else about it. and i’ve always kicked myself that i didn’t make a copy because marland’s papers are no longer in the madison archives.

one more thing about lisa: back in the mid-90s, executive producer laurance caso wanted to have the snyder farm burn to the ground. his plan was to give the entire family a reason to reunite and pull together, and i think, to rebuild. in any case, the story was leaked to soap opera weekly, and caso was so pissed he junked the entire story. heard from a reliable source that it was lisa, fearing the snyders were about to be written off, who leaked the story. would have loved to ask her about that. 

Edited by wonderwoman1951

• Members

Alan Locher claims that he was trying to get Lisa Brown on his reunion livestream he doesn't appear to mention trying when he had William Fichtner and Martha Byrne on and that would have been the ideal time. If he mentioned it, it must have gotten lost in one of the technical glitches.

Does anyone remember whether getting her on that particular reunion was discussed?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I am Italian. In my country Guiding Light was popular in the 80s. My mother used to watch the show every day at lunchtime. I was a little kid and had zero interest in soaps (I watched cartoons and sitcoms). But Nola quickly caught my attention. She was pretty, fun, engaging and dynamic. Lisa Brown had got that something. And there was something naif and childish in her portray of Nola, that - as a 6 yo - I related to.  Her adventures (Quinton's mysteries, St Croix, Silas VS Quinton and her) made me love the soap opera genre. RIP Lisa. 

Please register in order to view this content

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

LISA BROWN TRIBUTE SCHEDULED

Share this:

Alan Locher will be hosting a tribute to the late Lisa Brown (ex-Iva, AS THE WORLD TURNS et al) with some of her friends and former castmates. Participating in the live tribute are WORLD TURNS’s Martha Byrne (ex-Lily), William Fichtner (ex-Josh) and Anne Sayre (ex-Mitzi) and GUIDING LIGHT’s Maeve Kinkead (ex-Vanessa) and John Wesley Shipp (ex-Kelly). The celebration of Lisa’s life will take place on Friday, April 29 at 3 p.m. ET and can be viewed live herefor the full story.