• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That whole Game Over episode was (used to be?) on YouTube. I wish I could find it. The Nola and Kelly stuff is worth the price of admission, but there's also the moment when Bea and Tony have had it with Nola and at the very end, the unsinkable Miss R. starts plotting her comeback.

• Members

Thank you. This is what I wanted to know.

Daytime Academy voting members don't seem to take to nuance and subtlety. It's why Kathryn Hays never got won or got a nomination. Soap voters favor the sturm und drang more than anything else.

Beautifully stated.

I am not sure many soap viewers appreciated this element. Like I stated before, often times about actors that employed a subtler style, which, dramatically, is more difficult to do. One of my acting instructors once said that anyone could get angry and explode on stage, anger was a far more accessible emotion and therefore easier to display than say, despair or indifference, anticipation, dread or ambivalence...those are very real emotions too. Of course, rarely did those snag Daytime Emmy awards.

Just as you mentioned with certain scenes, I remember that break up scene because it had such dramatic range for both actors and Brown truly shined in all her nuanced skill-set. That full sequence probably hasn't been seen since it aired, I know I haven't seen that full sequence since it first aired in real-time but I remember it to this day.

• Members

Ironically the episode Lisa submitted was released on DVD. 

It was treasure to watch Lisa play two iconic characters on two of my favorite shows. 

As crappy as the Emmys have gotten it would be a nice treat to see the  ATWT and GL cast reunite one last time to honor Lisa Brown. I know it will never happen but it sure would be great to see.

• Members

She was one of those soap performers that I knew about even if I didn’t watch GL or ATWT when she was a main character.  Obviously Marland knew how to use her talents.

Truly sad news.  What I have seen thanks to the internet has been so awesome, especially Nola.  She is really good as Iva too, it’s just as other posters have said, she so rarely got to have long lasting joy or any fun.

• Members

This is an old story, but I still thought it was a nice moment. When Aretha Franklin was shooting a video for Everyday People, she put out notices inviting soap actors to participate. Most either didn't care or didn't think it was real, so Lisa was the only one who went. She has two short but memorable shots - playing with a bowler hat, and blowing a bubble.

• Members

That's because we'd spent like two years invested in them before "cute little Ellie" slid under him and Marland blew them up. And as I remember it, there was no real angst---Kirk barely seemed to care who he was sleeping with. Yes...still salty.