• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ann Sward also seemed to have gotten considerable storyline under Marland’s pen, at a time when daytime soaps seemed more preoccupied with youth centered storylines. Sad, but it seems like they were waiting for Marland to pass away before booting and/or marginalizing those characters.

Surprised that in all these reunions, no one has reached out to Caso to talk about his time at the helm.

• Members

Soap Classics DVDs

ATWT

Switched at Birth is not about Lily. It begins with Lily & Holden getting home with their daughter who has been with Reed Hamilton for almost a year.

Lily's World Crumbles is the classic scene, Lily & Rob Landry are in the barn shouting & he's shaking her by the shoulders & Iva runs in with a pitchfork raised screaming, "Let go of her; she's your baby!"

GL

Wedding is self-explanatory.

Sins of Nola Reardon begins with Nola in a room & Kelly comes in & he lights into her about having played him all along & they're gonna have a big fight.

• Members

Thanks @Soapsuds

I do think Caso  was one of the last producers who tried to keep some of the last vestiges of the ATWT  identity alive, but  he really wasn't a strong enough producer nor did he  pick strong enough writers at key moments after  Marland passed.

Anyway,  this is off topic now, sorry. 

• Members

I was looking at the changes, in EP &HW in one of the Fruit Basket Turnover times, in the NY/P&G soaps. If I understand correctly Moonves recommended two unknowns, from outside, for ATWT HWs & they were Black & Stern & served from Feb. 2, 1996-1996.

Does anyone know how long they were really there? IOW, when in 1996 they were let go & the Interim Gang of Three came on? There was just so much crazy.

ATWT EP Laurence Caso Oct. 1988-1995

ATWT EP John Valente May 1995-Nov. 8, 1996

ATWT HW Richard Culliton 1995-Jan. 31, 1996

ATWT HW Stephen Black & Henry Stern Feb. 2, 1996-1996

ATWT HW Stephen Demorest, Mel Brez, Addie Walsh* 1996-1997

*Interim co-HW

I just realized we've gone off-topic. I'm sorry. If I hadn't written this, I wouldn't send this.

• Members

I'm tempted to think he would have convinced Susan Bedsow Horgan to return, if only temporarily, in order to keep the show moving steadily while he (and P&G) searched for a permanent replacement.

Another possibility: Harding Lemay, who had served already as a Creative Consultant pre-Marland.  Again, Lemay would helped stabilize the show while, at the same time, streamlining some of the cast and storylines.