• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was going to mention that too but kept forgetting to post about it. I had no clue she had been fired. I don't recall her last appearance on the show. I wonder if it was post Marland 90s or during Goutman run when she was fired.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Looking at the ATWT DVDs

Secrets & Scandals, Disc 2, Episode 2, Lily's World Crumbles.

The Lily & Holden Story, Disc 2, Episode 7, Switched at Birth.

maybe she's in those 2. I'll look at these 4 episodes & see.

I beg your pardon for quoting myself. I wanted all 4 of these to be in one post.

• Members

I’m watching now. Very emotional stuff from Martha Byrne and Anne Sayre. Lisa’s sudden passing is still so raw for them, understandably so.

Gotta say, I’m annoyed with how Alan treated Maeve Kinkead, cutting off her stories for William Fichtner and JWS.

• Members

I had forgotten that Sayre was in Martha Byrne’s web soap Gotham, the web, which Brown dIrected.

It seems as though Sayre regarded Brown as an elder stateswoman and looked to her for guidance in navigating the industry. It sounds like she also had very high regard for Brown as well.

• Members

Lisa was fired in fall 1993 around the same time Anne Sward was. Iva gave up fighting for Aaron (which I really hated and it made me hate Holden for years because he barely spent time with that child) and left for a new life with Jason Benedict.

I'm sorry I missed the tribute. I hope it went well.

I think Iva made some appearances in 1994. I can't  remember about 1995. 

• Members

Thanks. I probably will, although it's going to be tough to watch.

Yes.  Even though 1993 was a  decently rated year for the show, I imagine the budget cuts were kicking in, and characters who had been written into a corner or who had not been central players in a while were among the  first to go. Not that it's really the same but this  is also when Lucinda's daughter Bianca left and forgotten about by everyone at the show but Liz Hubbard.

I know Marland and Lisa were very close, so I wonder how much their friendship had helped keep Iva on the show up to that point as she could have gone after the Aaron reveal (I wonder if that's another reason he also had her get pregnant with  John's baby).