• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm so sorry to see this news.  Lisa is one my favorite soap actresses.  I had not watched GL in several years, and she caught my attention one day when I was channel-surfing.  It was the scene with John Wesley Shipp, when Kelly confronted Nola about her lies regarding her pregnancy.  I was mesmerized.  Loved her on ATWT too.

• Members

Sigh---when I saw "ATWT Alum Passes", I surely didn't expect it to be Lisa.  Morgan/Kelly/Nola is the first triangle I really got involved in, and I remember when Bea stopped Nola dead in her tracks and confronted her about her lies. So sad.

• Members

Oh wow, this one definitely shocks me. She did so much to bring depth to Iva, even in her last years when the writing wasn’t really there and she also tried hard to salvage her return as Nola when the writing was certainly a disaster. No matter what, she was always a memorable presence. RIP.

So weird to think that we’ve lost both Brown and Michael Tylo suddenly within months of one another.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I am tremendously saddened by this news.

It is strange how affected you can feel by the passing of an actor you did not personally know, but this is one of those for me.

I first got acquainted with Lisa and in the Hogan Sheffer era when Iva returned and teamed up with Lucinda to find the truth about Rose. I realize this is far from Lisa's most memorable stint on the show, but even then there was something about her that just drew me in. Ever since I've discovered classic episodes on youtube, Lisa Brown has long been one of my favorites. There was always such an underlying tragedy in Iva's character, yet such warm familiarity in Lisa's acting. 

I've never seen Guiding Light, but I'm very aware that before Iva there was Nola. To have created two characters that were so iconic is really a tribute to Lisa's talent. 

From a quick glance of this thread, I already see classic scenes being shared, which warms my heart. I'll be taking out some time during this weekend to celebrate and remember Lisa Brown. May she rest in peace.