Y&R October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't have a body type and I don't mind most men shirtless for eye candy so I am all for it. 

It is funny though to compare with what he looked like shirtless in 2008: 

For the record he was an attractive man either way as far as I am concerned but I guess twelve years in daytime has nudged him towards investing in a gym membership.

Well at least he was "taught" to wax early on.
Sigh @ soap male body image standards.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It’s just funny that I seem to see him in shirtless scenes far more than more conventionally ripped/jacked guys on the show. They do show Bryton shirtless a good bit, but not Sean Dominic, who has the best body on the show IMO, because they don’t write much for Nate, and they don’t tend to do the gratuitous nudity like the other soaps. (Y&R certainly did in the past.) Michael Mealor is gone, and they refuse to sexualize Richard Burgi, who’s in amazing shape.

I don’t even remember what Adam looks like with his shirt off because they made him into a eunuch. I’m tired of the coitus interruptus with him and Sally.

• Members

Lauralee Bell and Joshua Morrow had chemistry when they tested them and NOBODY has chemistry as good as Lauralee Bell and Michelle Stafford. Those classic episodes really showed that. I feel like Phyllis has become such a joke, but putting her back in Christine’s orbit could bring her back to life. 

• Members

Could be a matter of personal comfort for the actors.
I mean Steve Burton - who does zip for me but who is obviously in great shape - hates shirtless scenes and does very few of them so maybe the others in this list also have an understanding they'd rather not do shirtless scenes.
And maybe otoh Jason Thompson is an exhib and since no one seems to care about Joshua Morrow anymore, someone's gotta give them the quota of mannipples so he volunteers.

As I said, the ripped look is not my favorite but I gotta say it is stupid not to have featured Burgi's body yet. I mean, if only to sand off the 15 years age difference off a little.

• Members

They should bring a twenty-something female grandchild of Leslie (via Brooks) to work at ChanceComm (following her Great grandfather's journalistic prowess) and a younger brother for Elena(maybe a police officer or an ad exec).  With the granddaughter in town, Leslie could come to GC between concerts, missing being close to her roots. Leslie could possibly romance Jack during her visits. 

In the teen group, I'd have a spoiled Lucy Romalotti  (wanting to live in Granny's suite) and add two boys (possibly Reed) in the teen mix to work in a Fenmores/Glow by Jabot 20th anniversary. JMO, but it could work.

Of course, with Chelsea returning (obsolete as she is, thanks to Sally). It will probably revolve around her hating Sharon   Blah blah blah. and more Abby (yawn) and Mariah pining over her baby while Noah knocks up snoozeworthy Tessa.

Oh, and Amanda's family will continue to have off-screen problems that she'll mention as Devon heads off to see the town miracle baby.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

Could be. It reads as somewhat puzzling. But these things are subjective. These are soaps, after all, and shirtless hunks have been part of the deal for as long as I can remember. JT isn’t bad, but he doesn’t exactly scratch the same itches as Shemar Moore, Don Diamont, Nick Scotti, Josh Morrow, J. Eddie PECK, Scott Reeves, Eddie Cibrian, Thad Luckinbill upon his last return, KSJ, early Doug Davidson, Philip Moon, CLB, Justin Hartley, et al. (Or Ron Carlivati’s parade of himbos on DAYS, Carter/Thomas/Finn on B&B, Drew/Brando/Curtis/Chase/Dante on GH—although GH has become slightly more demure lately, save for Cameron Mathison’s bruised/bloodied torso on constant display lately.)

• Members

Jason Thompson has obviously been working out, but I’m not a fan of him shirtless. Josh Morrow is still great looking, but I’d rather see him in a tank or a t shirt. He looks good in clothes.

nuNoah, Rory Gibson, has a great body, and I’ll be shocked if they don’t find an excuse to show him off.

My feeling is that Mark Grossman has been covered up because he gained some weight during the pandemic. Before he started wearing suits and was in sweaters, he looked out of shape to me and thicker in the waist. I wasn’t seeing things either.

Grossman still looks great in the face and is very handsome, but I know he’s heavier than when he started. Maybe he’s losing it now.

• Members

If the palazzo belongs to the Newmans, then why have the same suitcases been piled on a luggage rack in Victoria's room since she arrived? Surely the cases would be put away by staff?

All that fuss over the wedding dress but not a mention of who chose Ashland's ugly velvet get up.

Was the dress worthy of the praise heaped upon it? Not really. And then Victoria changed into another silky white dress for the reception. Surely choosing that dress would have been of almost as much importance as the bridal gown? After all the reception was where all the elite would be checking out the newlyweds...

And really, Victoria declaring this was the happiest day of her life. Girl, maybe you should review the tapes of all your previous weddings-pretty sure you would have said the same thing then?

Nick whining about his treatment from Victor is ridiculous - that man has been doing the same thing for years.How many times has Nick wanted to walk away from the family? Fake drama because they can't think of anything else for the character. And Josh Morrow's 'acting choices' seem all over the place.

Not one mention by Jack to Leslie about Theo? It was great to have Janice back but she was just a glorified extra. How about a scene with Victor referencing Lorie? Any new viewer would have no idea that Leslie had a past connection. Maybe Leslie could talk to Tessa about their music and we could see a flashback of young,dowdy Les playing in the Brooks living room as she recalled her younger self .

• Members

Admittedly I haven’t been giving the show my full attention, but I noticed new bumpers with Camryn Grimes, Bryton James, and Cait Fairbanks. Have they done new intro shots too?

Is Lauren just gonna huff and puff or is she gonna give some teeth to her verbal attacks on Sally?

Bryton is such a great actor. This show is lucky to have him. He shines in throwaway scenes, like today’s with Mark Grossman.

• Members

Or what if Leslie offered Tessa the chance to come with her on tour around Europe and debates whether or not to go because of Mariah. 

We should've gotten a mention of Leslie and her sisters finally meeting Theo and how proud she is of Brooks running Prentiss Industries. But like you said they treated Janice like she was a glorified extra instead of a character with so much legacy.