Y&R October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At least the show seems to be getting their money's worth out of the Villa sets. 

This will be a squandered opportunity though unless two things happen:

1. There's some kind of catfight in a fountain between Summer and Sally.

2. Jessie Gaines ends up dead on the property and everyone's a suspect. 

• Members

LOL I forgot all about Noah, Tessa, Zach, Abby and the trafficking story. They brought back Alice Johnson to kill her off right for that? Yikes. I think that was the transition between SSM and Mal taking full control. 

Speaking of past events it seems like this wedding, while the villa set is nice and all and looks a lot better than Y&R has a lot lately maybe about the most of overhyped uneventful non-event since Kyle & Lola’s wedding. Fan theories are definitely more interesting than anything playing out on the show right now. Ugh.

• Members

Victoria had a blink and miss phone call with Reed about him not coming to the wedding.

Still not sure how Billy managed to waltz into the palazzo unnoticed with Jesse Gaines in tow and know which bedroom was available for him.

Why are they making such a deal of this place being owned by Victor? Nikki was saying they had had many wonderful trips there.

Why not just say they rented a place for 2 weeks or so for the wedding. There are many such places available for that purpose.

• Members

I wish they would've had Leslie at least mention her son Brooks or her sisters. i.e. Lorie is finally writing dad's life story. Or Lorie, Peggy, Trish and I finally met our nephew Theo. Brooks is running Prentiss Industries in San Francisco.

Give me something other than her playing the piano and bonding with characters with no connection to her. Though I did like her accompanying Tessa on the piano. 

• Members

Yes,Jack should have mentioned Theo to Leslie. 

A pity it was Victoria Mallory that interacted with Nikki when Leslie gave her piano lessonsway back when- a flashback would have been a treat for long time viewers and a way to educate any newer viewers who are wondering why everyone is making a fuss of Les.

• Members

I was thinking the same thing. I thought the dresses Sally and  Phyllis had on had more flair than the wedding dress. Victoria's didn't look bad. It didn't live up to the hype of the story...I suppose it matches the wedding in general. Just flat. 

• Members

Because I try to keep things positive, I will say also that I am actually glad that Sally finally has a story - even if it is C-story - that makes sense with her past (very Spectra of her) and where her motives and actions are clear. 
I am in no illusion this can last but it is a relief to know the potential of the B&B character can translate, which was hard to see with the muddled mess that was the writing for her until now.
It is not extraordinary writing but it is a Sally I *get*.