Y&R October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

What choices are there on daytime network TV?  I admit that I record 3 soaps daily because I get so tired of the cable news show.  I enjoy the nighttime lineup on MSNBC, so I like to wait and watch my news then.  

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Poor Ashland now spends every episode unspooling another backstory and begging Victoria to believe him.

He really has been weakened. I get that being ill and having secrets uncovered could do that but the old bravado has gone,

I can't imagine Victor in his prime acting this way-he would have basically said 'screw you' to anyone that made judgement on his choices or circumstances. 

It's funny but after all this time I always think how Heather Tom's Victoria would have reacted.

This should be two powerhouses grappling with betrayal and double crossing each other while still in love.

Still think Tara should have been involved as she would have known or had inklings of her his personal and business dealings.

• Members

Looks like a showroom at an Italian furniture store.

Re: the ratings somehow being stable. I remember @Dee telling me a good 15 years ago that Y&R would be the last soap standing and she was right, this show has some weird hold on people. Because it's pretty clear that everyone making it does not care. They're all so bored and just cashing a paycheck. More so than any of the other soaps.

Like others have said, even when the show has been bad in the past at least it was actively bad. Now it's passively bad. They're just floating through space doing jackshit.

• Members

My only complaint about the set is that it's a little cluttered and cliche. They also had to wedge a piano in there for Leslie.

It would be nice to see a servant extra bringing in drinks etc,

There is the terrace and several bedrooms. All this for a couple of weeks.

Meanwhile back in GC the Not so Grand Pheonix has the identical tiny 'suite' used for several characters.

So Noah arrives for the wedding but no Reed? Surely a mention-perhaps he's not happy and doesn't want to come?