Y&R October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

YAY If Jill is back I'm going to start watching....again! I pray JG actually writes her into the story and she's going to stick around a little while. He did a horrid job with Nina all those weeks she was around. She was basically a potted plant in the Chancellor mansion.

Looks like Chance is alive. The background looks a little too festive for a death. Welcome home or welcome back Chance! ?

I hope they re-cast someone good.

• Members

Heinle doesn't seem to GAF and I'm kinda here for it LOL. Even she sees the show's writing is crap and there's nothing there.

Yay to seeing Jess Walton. My heart goes out to her. I had a feeling she'd probably start appearing more now. It's probably a comfortable and happy place to be.

They should have just kept Justin Gaston. No one would have cared.

• Members

I put my hand up that I tend to read a lot into things that may not necessarily need to be read into but...

Considering how easy it would have been to just swap Gaston in - who is not busy as far I can tell and married to a show actress - when it all went down AND how long they have taken to recast despite the fact Chance was obviously needed in the story they had planned, they really really must not have wanted to hire Gaston long-term for some reason.

• Members

It wouldn't surprise me if they decide to throw a 'celebrate Chance' party where everyone can talk about how wonderful he was/is - not totally acknowledging his death but holding on to hope. Hence the festive tone.

Sounds like the kind of cornball thing Josh would plot.

Perfect opportunity for Fr Devon to deliver one of his boring sermons.

Why would Victoria be there? Why hold it at the Gruesome Photobooth?

• Members

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Or they felt it would be poor optics (especially after they took heat on Gina/Michelle). But the lack of any long-term planning on Griffith's part is so noticeable. It's really shocking he's still head writing at this point.