Y&R October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder if Melissa Ordway and/or JG would have been uncomfortable with a longterm thing. Even if you loved the person to death, I can’t imagine spending that much time with a partner. They’d never get away from each other.

(I’d be all for it just to be able to look at Justin Gaston on a show that could use more eye candy.)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agree re Billy.He is insufferable.

On the subject of Jack/Victor, at what point did they became more cordial to one another?

They are now quite friendly at times. Was there a particular event that caused this or just a general thawing of relations?

Personally, it seems ridiculous to see them chatting to each other. Why would the writers lose that decades long rivalry?

Mind you Jack is a shell of his former self. Any newer viewer would see him as a touchy feely grandpa.

• Members

Ever since last year when Victor helped Jack find Dina’s lost necklace back I’d say their relations have generally thawed and both have developed a grudging respect for each other. 

It’s not the first time either Jack and Victor were fairy cordial at least in the workplace from 1994-early 1997 when their rivalry cooled off for awhile. 

I agree as Billy is insufferable the way he is written. Jack 2.0 he is not. I think he could have had a viable rivalry with Adam but both characters have been trashed by previous writers—having Adam be dark and evil from 2009-2013 while constantly having Billy being a anti-hero jerk did neither characters favors. Like ATWT and Days, the ghost of Hogan Sheffer haunts the show to this day. Ugh. 

• Members

What's weird is the original tweet describes them as "TV Dads"?

If we are talking fatherhood, I'd say Victor, for all his flaws and heavy-handedness with his kids, is still a better more rounded father. If only because he had interactions with his children.

As a side note, I really wish they hadn't dropped the subplot of Victor's stepdad relationship with Kyle that paralleled Jack's relationship with Nick back in the day. It was an interesting wrinkle but as so many things during MW's stint as Diane, they started a lot of stories that they then completely dropped.

• Members

Victor and Jack have been civil to each other for at least a few years.

Why isn’t Billy upset about the huge payoff he gave Gaines and got nothing for? Makes no sense. The Ashton Locke story is terrible anyway, all happening off screen.

So is the Sutton story. Why should I care about Amanda’s grandfather? I don’t. And she meets Michael for an important meeting at Society? Pathetic that no one has an office in addition, Michael talked to Amanda as if she never set foot in a courtroom in her life. What was that all about?

Josh Morrow definitely got in better shape for that black boxer scene. He looks great.

• Members

Don't understand why they think it's good drama to have Amanda pretty much talk about what is happening and for viewers not to see it.

In the old days a story like the Sutton/Richard murder would have had us meet Sutton, Nya and Imani in their home and over the months we would have seen them develop as characters and interact as a family, thus creating interest rather than them meeting Amanda in restaurants and hotel rooms to talk about the past and offscreen happenings.

i have no objection to the bare bones of the story but the telling of it is abysmal.