Y&R October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nicholas has joined the not so exclusive club of characters without homes. By my count

Lauren/Michael

Kevin/Chloe

Nate

Elena

Sharon/Rey/Faith

Sally

Characters without workplaces

Jack/Mariah

Nate/Elena

Devon

Kevin/Rey

Gloria

Sally/Chloe

Amanda/Imani

Michael

Have I forgotten anyone?

Makes it hard to tell good story in cafes and hotel rooms.

I was hoping after the palazzo for an improvement in this area but no dice.

• Members

Is Elena still living in Lola's apartment upstairs from Crimson Lights? When was it last shown?

Sharon's cottage will return, there are spoiler pics of nuNoah there.

Yeah an interview with Peter Bergman confirmed they are not using the Jabot set.

Sally and Chloe were being shown working at Newman Media at one point. Did that stop?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

They've been shown in the corridor and in Adam's office but not in a space of their own.

I'm going to include Phyllis, as wandering around the lobby of the Greasy Pelican doesn't count as a workplace.

Elena is till living above CL. She referenced it a few weeks ago,

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I hate to be constantly wishwriting the show but imagine how this could be an actual character layer instead of a random bad line.
Billy is a late-in-life child who arrived after all his siblings had already achieved a lot in life so maybe he turns out to be overcompetitive and overaggressive to prove something.
It could be that his mother's fondness for Cane and sometimes weird detachment from him led him to overthink his current relationship with Lily and want to prove something to Jill and Lily. 
Who knows?
They could make it a thing and have some interesting character drama out of it. And they could tell it all with the budget and sets they have! It could be all shown on-screen.
But no. It is just a bad line and a bad story and let's focus on random characters with stories that happen out of frame.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Since the wedding I have tuned out,  again relying on recaps and skimming through downloads  as there is NOTHING of interest going on.

The wedding was a bust. Taking a bunch of characters to  a new locale for a marriage where the groom is suspect and you would expect high drama. A murder? an attempted murder? Victoria turning on Ashland as she takes her vows? Ashland disappearing? Jack banging Phyllis? 

An original character returning with a secret?

But no, just the usual conversations in a different setting.It was expected that a couple of new sets would keep us enthralled.

So after that it's back to more of the same in GC.

Poor Jack, no workplace, no family and now no home. Just wandering into frame on his cell phone surprised to once again run into Phyllis one sleeve and then devoting his time to listen to her self indulgent blather.

They should have saved the money from Tuscany to create some offices, populate the sets with extras and give the women some classy clothes.

Does Morina even watch the show? i'd be embarrassed to have my name in the credits as being responsible for this.

• Members

I’m actually quite liking these Phyllis/Nick scenes, to my pleasant surprise.

They feel very natural and real. Not overwritten and not generic.

These are probably my favorite scenes of JG’s entire tenure.

Who wrote the script today? I missed it.

Edited by Faulkner