Y&R October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

The reason why Y&R will periodically bring up Keemo, while not bringing him back is because they believe soap viewers are easily placated with a simple nod to history, regardless of whether there will ever be any follow up. And to be honest, they've been proven correct. They don't want 'that smoke' involved in actual scrutiny from an audience that is not a 'dyed in the wool' soap viewer that is used to sloppy writing, countless stereotypes and nonsensical plots. The pressure of that weight of expectations would be too much for them.

Better to do the 'tried and true' and tried some more stories that they always do. They are past the point of ever expanding their diminished viewing audience anyways.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wonder if we'll ever see Esther again?

I would assume like Doug,Kristoff and Christian before her she was quietly put on recurring at some point,despite being in the contract cast list.

Such a shame. If Gloria can pop up for no real reason, surely Esther can be seen.

She could easily pop into the Chancellor estate(where she should be living) with a baby gift or meet Chloe at Crimson Lights to be a sounding board.

• Members

She can't. William J. Bell ensured that Kate Linder had a never-ending life-long deal with the soap. She's locked in.

Considering Linder is on medical leave, and Josh Griffith & Anthony Morina don't seem to have any creative direction, I doubt we'll see her anytime soon.

• Members

Just caught my first glimpse of Tuscan villa YIKES!

Like Ashland's NY apartment it is a bedroom. Why? It's not like they had a million love/sex scenes in that set and I can't imagine that will happen here.

Odd choice...

They're going to have to have other Italian sets.

• Members

I'm watching some 2000 episodes (Billy and Mac were everything to teenage me) and it is egregious that they dumped Y&R's show defining score. The soundtrack makes even the most mundane scenes enticing. And Y&R has a LOT of boring scenes where not a damn thing happens but the direction, lighting and score just draw you in. I'm halfway through an episode right now and all they've talked about, adults and teens, is the aftermath of a damn prom and I find it more interesting than the daily murder and mayhem that GH dishes out.