Unpopular opinions: cancelled soaps edition

• Members

just took a look on amazon, where the entire series can be had for less than $100 — not as awful as i would have expected.

in addition to dana delany, who was on ‘world turns in the early ‘80s, i  remembered another soap connection:

in a memorable episodes from the last season, ‘small step,’ finn carter (sierra from ‘world turns) plays a nurse who helps boonie heal after he’s lost his leg.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In Canada, neither Hulu nor Decades are available to us, unfortunately. 

I am a complete and abject failure at internet technology. I could not get this app to work for me when I desperately tried to install and use it months ago. I'll give it another shot. It couldn't hurt. Thanks for the reminder. If St. Elsewhere were also available in Canada on the CTV app, I would move heaven and earth to make it function for me. But...Family alone is enough incentive. 

I did not "get" the appeal, either, and I was still watching TGL "live" in those days. Then again, I never really wanted Reva on the show in the first place, considering how much airtime she hogged. Her histrionics just made me grimace.

Actually, that's not a bad price for all the seasons combined. I'd pay that.

And Jeff Kober, Dodger on CB, is now on GH, to add another soap connection.

• Members

You're a fellow Canuck! Welcome! You understand my pain! 

Please register in order to view this content

I'll have a look and see what BFlix has, though I don't much enjoy streaming outside the "legal" platforms.

Reva has only really appealed to me during the Annie story, and even then, she's just a bit much, I agree.

• Members

1984/1985 season was the peak of the big four primetime soaps. It wasn't a good idea for CBS/ABC to launch any primetime soaps after that season. 

1985/1986 was when the big four starting going down and they really should have been done by 1987/1988. 

• Members

Be careful! I had never heard of that site until now, seeing you refer to it. I just tried to go to and open it, but my virus software blocked the site completely.

And thank heavens, that remained its theme song in the DVD release!

Ahh, Disney Plus, yet another service I do not have. (I don't subscruibe to cable.)

Well, Singer did become a somewhat recognizable name thanks to The Beastmaster and V. He became very popular in MY house for looking so sexy in a loincloth and tight jeans, LOL!

• Members

Speaking of Knots Landing, I was a Val and Ben fan...and thought Val and Gary were too toxic with one another.

On Dallas, I preferred Bobby and Pam broken up.  He and Jenna were good together and I was hoping Pam would have finally gone toe to toe with Jr.

On Dynasty, both Krystle and Alexis were too good for Blake.

• Members

I really  cannot stomach the Val/Gary pairing. I  don't think it's a coincidence that the strongest years of the show are when they are not together. Gary/Abby and Val/Ben are their ultimate pairings  as they got to be more rounded people, instead of still pretending they were 20 years old.

• Members

The Dream Season was great 

If Knots Landing and Dynasty had a baby it would Dallas Dream Season 

The ironic thing about that season it really had a dreamy surreal tone even though it was supposed to play as a straight up continuation of the previous season 

Hopping on the China Beach love.

Fantastic groundbreaking show

Too bad network tv doesn't take risks with drama series anymore