Unpopular opinions: cancelled soaps edition

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know how unpopular this would really be but co-signing this to the moon and back.
I do think that while Dallas was obviously a ratings juggernaut and therefore better know, "critics" and most people watching both would concur that KL was a leaps and bounds a superior soap content-wise.

I agree that I don't hate the last few seasons of Dallas the way I hate the last season of Melrose.
And one reason is this incredibly unpopular opinion: I actually liked Kimberly Foster as Michelle. And while the characters in his family were mostly a miss, Carter McKay was a pretty decent villain and his first season umbrella story was actually fairly solid.

• Members

Unpopular Opinion but i think Laura is not really needed anymore on GH! Her time's up tbh.

ATWT's final 4 to 5 years weren't as bad as people make them out to be. I think there such amazing storylines going on and still had some of his old charme. Don't know why this gets so much hate but a campy ass final years of OLTL gets praised as hell

Biggest unpopular opinion: I didn't minded that cheap camera look of Guiding Light! Of course it wasn't as great as before but it was alright

• Members

I know the title says "Canceled Soaps" but I have one for Bold and Beautiful 

I don't need to see Jack the child Taylor and Nick had via Brooke's egg to show up on screen again. It was such a stupid storyline to me. Jack Marone should be one of those characters we never speak of again. 

• Members

I agree. I don't think it's an unpopular opinion. Maybe if you're just going by ratings at the time. Knots Landing, I believe, has more enduring fans who feel more passionate about it than Dallas does despite the fact that it's not readily available on a modern format. Although I liked Dallas ok, Knots Landing was much more intelligent, complex and interesting. Dallas got extremely repetitive and boring after the first few seasons. 

• Members

You'd think Paramount+ would be the natural home for CBS's big three primetime soaps but for whatever reason that hasn't happened. Dallas full series is on IMDb TV, Falcon Crest first four seasons are on Amazon, and Knots Landing is nowhere to be found.