Unpopular opinions: cancelled soaps edition

• Members

Guiding Light:

The golden age of 1991 to 1993 was good, but I much prefer the Pam Long years.  More heart and enjoyable.

EON:

Lee Sheldon wasn't a bad head writer.

Skye and Raven were over rated 

ATWT:

Lucy Deakins, Heather rattray, and Noelle Beck were better Lily's than Martha Byrne.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Santa Barbara was on the air for 9 years and they only had 2 great years and 1 good year everything else was ehhhhh 

Ryan and Greenlee didn't work as a couple no matter how TPTB tried to shove it down the audience's throat 

The last couple of seasons of Dallas were mediocre but it was kinda entertaining 

• Members

Jackie Zeman submitted in supporting actress that's what I think hurt her chances 

Leslie and Brad should have won, but they lost to actors who knew how to put a reel together 

Justin Deas submitted a stand alone episode 

Slezak submitted an episode where she got to use her DID alter egos 

• Members

As cringe as some of those scenes could be, Erika did her thing in 1995.  The DID plot was perhaps Viki's last powerful storyline for a few years there (dare I say one of her greatest) and it was fun to see her transition between characters. Leslie Charleson is underrated as Monica, and definately gave a more grounded performance on a more realistic storyline. 

Unpopular opinion: Knots Landing was better than Dallas. I wrestle with which of those two night time soaps deserve the top spot. At the very least, Knots Landing was better than Dallas after Jock's death.

Edited by ironlion