DAYS: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Worse than a soap telling a terrible story (and Ciara marrying Ben is an awful story choice) but a terrible story told incompetently.

Once they had made the call Ciara/Ben was going to be the end game, how in the hell did they think it made for good drama if *no one* in Salem opposed the union. Bo/Hope not being there, they should have had Shawn not being onboard.
I am not suggesting this because I am opposed to Ben/Ciara but because it is such obvious drama and this is a soap! Having a wedding without any opposition is silly in the best of times but it is even sillier when the problem is obvious and it is right there on the table for pickings.
They are so focused on selling Ben/Ciara that they are not even bothering to write the obvious story beats.
For those who watched Another World, Iris' exit was a really sore point for me because it was beneath the character but at least I appreciate that despite everyone warming to Carl/Rachel - a couple similar to Ben/Ciara in that they had great chemistry but were an abomination when you thought of the things Carl had done - Iris steadfastly opposed the union to the end. That was consistent with the character and provided nice scenes and drama.
That they are leaving such an obvious source of conflict on the table at Days is just incompetent writing in the service of a fanbase.

• Members

Johnny and Allie seem to have good brother-sister chemistry, and the chemistry between Johnny and Chanel is definitely there too 

Please register in order to view this content

One thing at least, Ben never tried to kill Ciara, like Carl did to Rachel 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

It's well known that I loathe Ben and Ciara but I say this objectively. It is time for them to be written off. I don't see what storyline potential there is for these two at this point. They're married, they're happy, and nobody objects to them being together. Two of the people in their age group that they interact with, Theo and Claire, just got written off. Ben has no connections to the canvas and obviously Ciara is related to everyone, but a lot of her more major connections like Bo, Hope, and even Claire now are gone. They don't even have jobs that could give them any sort of purpose. I just don't see where they go from here. Are we going to see them being happy in bed every day? Because that's boring. The best option seems to be writing them off and giving them their happily ever after. Even as a huge hater, I'd be totally fine with that because it means they're not on my screen any more. They can pop in for holidays or something. But there's no storyline for them. It's time to cut them loose.

I loved the Johnny/Allie scenes. I think I'm sold on this actor. Loved the sibling chemistry! Johnny doesn't like Ben. YES! Chanel popping up at the end of the episode was random but I'm not mad. Johnny wants to sample Chanel's sweet bits. OMG. Settle down Johnny! I can't with him.

Please register in order to view this content

These two are fun.

I also enjoyed EJ/Nicole. I'd much rather watch Nicole chatting with EJ than feeding macaroni and cheese to Rafe.