DAYS: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Carson Boatman continues to have chemistry with everyone he shares scenes with, as do Tripp and Chanel whenever they have scenes together. I've been very impressed with this new quad. Good acting, good chemistry, and good personalities all around.

As for Calista Lockhart... 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I am a bit confused by this Calista Lockhart (WTF at the name 

) story. Are they retconning what actually happened to Bonnie’s ex or is this some other Lockhart sibling that Bonnie was involved with? I just remember that depressing caper about Mimi killing her dad complete with skeleton in the church and that squirrely kid that was Connor Lockhart lol. 

• Members

Gotcha but I think there has been a name change for Bonnie’s ex though, I’m too lazy to look it up though.

I’m guessing Cady Huffman was in need of a paycheck(with Broadway closed?) or was owned a favor? Because I haven’t her name in years, maybe even more than a decade. 

• Members

She was on OLTL for a hot minute. It has been a while. She was entertaining that's for sure. The name is ridiculous but I was loling at Bonnie and Calista. 

It's been watchable and at times entertaining, but still a lot of WTF-ery, at least to me. I don't know why it's all not coming together for me. The Carver-Price unit is the best thing going and there's potential with Allie/Chanel/Johnny.

Ben/Ciara and Rafe/Nicole/Ava remain the lowlights.

I just don't feel we're building towards anything. I don't know. It's just so hard for this show to maintain any sort of momentum and there's a lack of cast interaction.

No budget really has done a number on the soaps (that and poor decisions and confusing story directions, if we even get a 'story').

I think Beyond Salem excites me for the fact that we're going to see characters who don't feel tired and played out as well as an umbrella story that connects them all (I assume). Beyond Salem, without even seeing the episodes already feels like the show Days should be but somehow can't be.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I see what you mean, some things get wrapped up too quickly for there to be any momentum. I think what's impressing me the most is that it's all been real, for the most part anyway. Maybe the stakes could be a little higher, but I'm still enjoying it. I won't say it's 

though lol

Maybe it is a budget issue, like you said.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Agreed. I like what I see, for the most part (I loved seeing the DiMera's together and bickering, to be honest) and could do without others (Cin/Rafe/Ava/Nicole), but it's just ... I can't seem to put my finger on it. I do think it's budget as well as Ron's rotational style of writing. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

It just lacks something that I can't quite figure out. I guess that would be: budget. LOL. I don't know. I sound crazy.

For the most part, Ron has the right cast in place (and on-call, like Carrie/Austin, etc.) and I see the potential.

I seem to perk up when there's more than two people in a scene together. I just miss the flow soaps used to have. It's so hard to explain but I think most of you get it. It's not a new thing but I'm just .... I want better lol

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Thursday's episode was boring as hell too! Bonnie and Justin are getting married already? WTF? Didn't they just get engaged? They're never on! I honestly forget that these two are on the show and are a couple most of the time. Does anyone care about them together? Their scenes always feel like filler.

What is this Calista Lockhart mess? I laughed out loud when Bonnie fainted. Harrison Lord? Are you kidding me?

Buddy's burger bucks??? This is so stupid and has Ron Carlivati written all over it.

I liked the Chanel/Tripp scenes. Why is she telling Tripp that she was about to f-ck her new dude but they didn't have a condom. LOL. I laughed when Tripp was just like "...that's a romantic story." Chanel has chem with everyone and her wardrobe is always on point. I love her.

I also enjoyed Johnny/EJ/Tony/Anna. Tony and Anna are always such a treat. Can't wait for Johnny/Chanel/Allie/Tripp next week.

• Members

Once Calista started ranting about Buddy Bucks all I could think about was the Weenie Tots episode of Married with Children where Al schemed with Jefferson and Marcy to claim the winning prize but Kelly blew it. I see where he gets his inspiration. LOL

I did lol at Allie's face seeing Johnny and Chanel walk in arm and arm. And it was nice to see a different set. I'm so tired of the blue though. LOL. It was a treat having Tony/Anna/EJ/Johnny interacting.

Justin and Bonnie are definitely filler. I love Judi Evans and Wally Kurth but they're afterthoughts. I'd rather see other characters but it is what it is I guess since I like seeing the actors. 

And OF COURSE Steve 'no longer has a problem with Bonnie' as Calista Lockhart storms into town threatening Bonnie for money. LOL. I assume he figures it out? What's the end-goal here? Calista also felt like they were trolling those who wanted Adrienne alive. No? The hair. The dress. "I thought you were dead" ...

Edited by KMan101