DAYS: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Lol, Johnny thought the idea of Chanel with a girl was hot until he found out it was his sister. Thank god for this quad because the show is booooring otherwise.

What is this Calista garbage? I feel like those scenes today took up 75% of the episode and I think it's supposed to be comical but it's not.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m more curious if they go the route of Tripp & Johnny not liking each other only to end of in a very passionate embrace

Please register in order to view this content

One could wish lol.

As for Melinda I wonder her resentment/hate boner towards her fellow Salemites stems from her unresolved bitterness of her daughter’s death? I like this actress better than the previous one, it be interesting if her character was better explored in depth instead of being a one note bloodthirsty prosecutor. 

• Members

Johnny/Chanel/Allie were the definite highlights.

I found Calista amusing in her first episode but I'm already over it.

And Xander is Ron's new David Vickers. It's not necessarily a compliment. And Gwen is completely useless now as a character. It's such a shame. What a waste of both of them.

• Members

I definitely 100% think this is the right parallel and this is where it is going.
With the caveat that by the time Ron was writing David and the character was just a shell of what he used to be, a pathetic cartoon, TW had completely checked out and was going through the motions. Paul T. is still giving it his all so I am not quite at the stage where I loathe the character yet but the trajectory is definitely clear if they don't remember what made Xander interesting wasn't just his abs.

Oh and btw Gwen is a bust. That initial story arc with Chad and Abby was hateful. Her killing Laura in such an undignified and unpunished manner is a disgrace. And without Abby, Jennifer (and soon Jack) around, whatever "comedic" fling she has with Xander is really not interesting enough to keep around. I have yet to find anything likeable about her, chemistry or not.
I will make an allowance if there is a chance Sarah might come back - in which case I'll let them play out the triangle. But otherwise I think she can be fairly declared a bust and the show should cut their losses.

• Members

I couldn't agree with you more. Said it perfectly, especially on Gwen. Ron almost always seems to do this though, bring on a new character and they catch a spark with the audience but he has them do such awful things and then 'redeems' (i.e. makes them boring) them or they get stuck with a new writer who waters them down. It's just such a waste. 

I agree on the Sarah aspect. I'll allow it. But if they aren't bringing her back, what's the point?

Paul Telfer is definitely having fun and it shows. It helps a great deal he's so invested.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It’s a shame because Emily O’Brien is great and was initially great in this role. But everything happened in her story and it came to what? We compared Abby accidentally throwing a “pregnant” Gwen down the stairs to Reva/Annie on GL. The latter story led to a long murder trial and had implications throughout Springfield. Abby/Gwen led to what? Abby leaving town? Gwen being blackmailed by a doctor who was swiftly killed off? Gwen killed a pillar of DAYS history (Laura) for what? None of this sh!t matters, which is one huge reason why I can’t get into this show.

• Members

Ron wrote David Vickers as a caricature because it was fun and easy. Tuc Watkins was willing to do the work but was generally given camp. Ron prefers outsize, OTT characters and enjoys writing vixens, villains, etc. most of all - that's why he let Franco, Nina, Obrecht, etc. dominate GH and leaned on Tess, et al on OLTL. Some of his broad characters work, but the problem is he doesn't know when to stop or how not to double or triple down. The situation at DOOL is no different.