DAYS: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack reading Gwen to filth was really good. Matt did a great job in those scenes. Jack to Gwen-''You covered yourself in middle class respectability.'' So you could sell drugs''. I do wonder how someone who's autistic. Would react. To the situation Theo's in? But we will not be getting that at all.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Finally.  I've been waiting for Jack to wake up about Gwen, but you would think he would have had that reaction over the Abby stuff instead.

Is Theo still autistic on the show?  I haven't heard it mentioned in ages.  Much like Phillip's missing leg it does not seem to be in Days cannon anymore.   Although that would be very interesting showing him deal with it.

• Members

Forgotten.

And he'll just go back to South Africa with Claire like nothing happened, which is stupid. I get they want to try to give characters a happy ending, but after being in love with one person for so long, for them to immediately fall in love with someone else right when they're leaving town really does screw up the characters, if you ask me. If Theo was so much in love with Ciara, why would he go off with Claire so easily?

They did the same thing when Paul left.

• Members

I hope they play it like Theo acting like a mature adult and realizing it's over and just wanting Ciara to be happy.   There was no development of this current Theo/Ciara stuff, so I am okay with them just letting him go.  Although it would make sense for Theo to fight for her or, you know, at least keep Theo on the show.  I assume Claire is going with him as a friend not anything more. 

Paul was paralyzed and I'd like to think he was just over Sonny/Will not realizing he was always the better choice.  He met a new guy like 3 seconds later, so hopefully he knows his worth now.   

• Members

Ben and Ciara's schmoopfest aside, I really liked most of the scenes in today's episode. Xander and Gwen were the highlight for me, but I also thought Sal Stowers did a terrific job with her monologues about why she doesn't trust her Aunt Paulina. We were complaining just the other day that it seemed out-of-character for Lani to hold this grudge against her aunt, so I have to give them credit for slowing down and giving the backstory (which Lani desperately needs, since she tends to be an underdeveloped character, as a lot of black characters on predominantly white-written soaps often are). 

• Members

I meant to come in here and post that about Lani.  It was so odd to me she was so angry at Paulina and we actually got a reason.  It may have helped if Lani wasn't so happy to see her in the beginning and so cool with her being with her dad, but we got a reason.  And SS did a good job with those scenes.

• Members

I just got caught up on the week and man... I'm bored. It's crazy because lately I can't wait to get home to watch GH, yet with DAYS it took me all week to work up the motivation to watch anything even after a 2-week break from the show. The Ben/Ciara stuff just kills any interest I have in watching, even though I fast forward their scenes. Even outside of their scenes, every character is talking about them. I fast forward that crap too. I skipped Thursday's episode in its entirety, besides the first couple Tripp/Chanel scenes, because the entire episode seemed to revolve around Ben/Ciara. I just can't do it. I accidentally caught two seconds of one of their scenes and almost vomited. I did like seeing Theo's hair down as I FF'd through his scenes, lol.

Tripp and Chanel did have some chem, but I'm here for Allie/Chanel. Honestly I'd love to see the three of them become a "throuple" though I'm sure the Facebook Karens would throw a fit.

Sami/EJ/Lucas is the most interesting story to me at the moment, but now Sami is gone, so... yeah. What a shame. So odd that she's gone before Johnny showed up. I'm still liking Dan F. as EJ. Please tell me Lucas isn't going to the backburner now that Sami's gone.

Jake and Gabi just don't appeal to me, though I did find the Jake/Ava scenes interesting. I also like Ava and Nicole's friendship but I'm not here for a triangle with Rafe - he's no prize and I don't want to see him with either woman, especially my Nicole.

Thank god Xander was on Friday. I'd rather watch Paul Telfer read the phonebook than sit through 75% of this week's scenes.

Edited by AlexElizabeth