GH: Former DAYS Actor Joins Cast

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like Charles Shaughnessy, but why is he getting a contract while Kin Shriner, Jon Lindstrom, and Tristan Rogers are lucky to get table scraps from this show? #firefrank should focus on the scene stealers he has  rather than booking other actors he'll grow bored with <looking at you Michael E. Kniight>. Not to mention the missed opportunity to bring JLH back, killing him off, off-screen, without even a mention until the turd er toad er smirking wonder AusFrankenTodd showed up. 

We can be sure that he won't be Jeff Webber or Tom Hardy because we can't have toys to play with that aren't re-treads or OLTL leftovers.

• Members

Right, of course.  I made an assumption that Charles Shaughnessy could do only a British character - because of his roles on Days and The Nanny. But I should not make assumptions! He might be able to portray a character with an average USA accent. I wouldn't know because I haven't seen everything he's ever acted in.   He has lived in the USA for decades and has "proud American" in his twitter bio. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

yeah, this whole Sunny amnesia SL seems dumb af w/o her (or at least Sarah Brown). It would actually be funny + a shocking twist if Sunny got all his memories back... but they were devoid of Carley, and he only wanted Brenda. I think that would be a pretty satisfying twist, and I'm not even a Sonny/Brenda stan. LOL  

• Members

Or he could have no memories and just fall in love with her all over again.  But it just doesn't seem very Brenda to totally keep him from his family so I am hit or miss on that. 

I do think there is a story to tell there and not with Nina.   I am a Sonny/Brenda stan so I would like a story that has the least collateral damage for them.  I think I would rather him get his memories back and realize Brenda is his true love and just break it off with Carly. 

• Members

Y&R did that storyline already (and Josh Morrow was at this scruffy and hot fine-ness).

Please register in order to view this content

But serious...while I'm like the Sonny storyline...having no Brenda (or Sarah Brown) will always feel like a missing link to that storyline. 

• Members

I think the best time for Brenda to rock up would be just before Sonny makes it back to Port Charles, perhaps something Deception related as a favour to Brook Lynn and Lucy. We also get the obligatory visit from Brenda to Sonny's grave. Then Sonny returns and it plays out from there. I'm happy for it to go either way, either Sonny remembers Brenda and not Carly or Sonny remembers neither and falls in love with Brenda all over again.

• Members

I think Brenda coming to town for something completely unrelated to Sonny would be the best.   I do like the idea of Sonny and Brenda falling in love all over again.  I don't even hate the Carson pairing, I just don't think it does either character justice.  They lack any sort of romantic chemistry and are just boring.