Y&R July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I hated this story. Everything is so womp-womp, so maybe it’s best that they quickly scrap it. It’s just all that build-up… for that? And Victor saves the day… again?

It’s sort of like the Chelsea “reveal” (with MCE chewing the scenery) in that same room IMO. Very unsatisfying.

• Members

I didn't care for the Adam/Sharon scenes when they aired. I certainly didn't need to sit through them AGAIN.   I don't give a crap about the two as a couple. 

It's too bad Devon was off worrying about Abby/Tessa/Mariah instead of spending the time assisting Amanda with exposing Sutton.   

I enjoy the Imani character's unapologetic, unfiltered attitude. I hope she sticks around past this story and mixes in with some other characters. 

The story looked good on paper, and I was thrilled they were building a family for Amanda. We should have gotten another scene with them, rather than the retread of...   The story got rushed, had no important character in peril, and didn't need to be about Victor.

As much as I hate to admit it, Heinle has become almost human in her portrayal now with Richard Burgi.  I actually like them together.

For once I hope Billy digs into Tara and shows her true colors.

• Members

For the life of me I cannot get the appeal of Bryton/Devon. He just goes around offering mealy mouthed advice to Amanda and Abby, like some maiden aunt.

Nothing about his demeanor suggests billionaire music mogul. The writing doesn't help of course, nor his wardrobe -cheap looking t shirts and hoodies.

Just about every female is dressed in tight fitting solid color outfits.Nikki's red dress was a disaster as was Abby's hot pink playsuit. Only Sharon gets to go patterned and flowing. 

Sharon and Rey spent endless scenes talking about their trip to Miami and nothing came off it, except Sharon Case seemed to have had (more) work done.

To think we have months of Billy Abbott,  hot shot media mogul to look forward to...

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

— Honestly, I didn’t think that Jack Landron performance was anything great, and certainly unworthy of an Emmy nom. I just want the whole thing over with.

This episode wouldn’t be anywhere near a decent ending, but with this offscreen story, we won’t get one anyway. The whole thing is terrible.

— And Imani had no idea how to get into her mother’s locked hotel room? Huh?

— The Sharon and Adam scenes and flashbacks? Best part of the episode. Their chemistry is fire, and they’re really good together.

— Once again, Abby and two others get texts from Mariah and stupidly believe she must be fine. My God.

• Members

They really need to put an advisory fashion warning before the show.

First it was Nikki busting out of the red dress, then Phyllis with the lizard frill and finally Lauren in another one of her hooker ensembles -a sparkly skirt with a clashing top and jacket.I'm going to check the credits and name the person responsible.

Looks like Victoria's 'house' is back...