Y&R July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Reposting in the correct thread:

It’s almost weird to see Victor with Abby, but he’s pretty much the only Newman she’s had contact with over the past few months. Weird that they’ve struggled to find things for her to do, yet have kept her isolated from her families, who are both embroiled in story. What a waste of an Abbott/Newman.

• Members

LOL I keep noticing that all Harrison is being fed is candy, brownies, cookies, and now cupcakes. No doubt Harrison will have a childhood obesity issue in a few years like those kids from that movie War of the Roses did. I wonder if Harrison’s nickname will be “Fat Abbott”?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Phyllis needs to take several seats. Tired of her carrying on about “my dawter”  How dare she question Jack? When she found out Daniel had a love child she went and found the baby even when Daniel had no interest. At least Cryle is stepping up for his kid.

Fat abbott! Remember when Victor used to say Jackass Abbott?

I don’t care about Abby’s baby at all. Sick of Mariah wasted as a preggo. 

• Members

There were also several scenes explaining how much he loves Mac & Cheese. 

Edit: It would actually be an interesting storyline if his parents plied him with sweets to spoil him to make up for the lack of a stable father figure and then argued over who is to blame for his health issues later. So of course that will never happen.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I've watched a few episodes of Y&R this week after seeing some scenes from 1999...

Good lord this show is dead. Nothing happens and there is no character motivation in anything. No intensity, no energy, 90% wide shots and few closeups, and most glaringly of all: no music. 

This show is so incredibly lifeless. Comparing episodes from 1998/99/00 to now are just shocking. 

The irony is that the episodes that are 20+ years old seem far more modern and like prime time television than what's airing now which resembles ATWT in the 60s. 

None of GH, B&B or DAYS are this dull - I've seen them all this week and Y&R stands out in how boring it is by a country mile. 

• Members

YES!

The only story with any momentum is the Kyle/Tara saga. This is a classic soap story but Josh is not playing all the necessary beats and characters are being twisted to fit the plot.

Summer is being made to look an idiot when by going along with Tara's threats instead of exposing her.

If Tara had been a little more subtle then Summer wouldn't have the ammo to go to Kyle/Jack/Phyllis etc

Everyone else just plays scenes that may or may not have any long term consequences.

The costuming is atrocious for some of the women. Nikki is put in overly tight dresses that do not flatter, Lauren looks like a hooker, Tara in pale plain silky fabrics that wash her out, Nina in that hideous green dress etc

The lighting is harsh and the set decoration super cheap.Every time I see that clunky sofa in the Chancellor living room I cringe.

I could go on...