Y&R July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, it’s super sad. The dialogue feels like they think it’s smart but it’s really not at all. It’s just stiff. Victoria, Ashland, and Amanda and her family feel particularly hampered by it.

It’s not as pop-culture cutesy as Amanda Beall’s work on AMC, but something about it makes me feel like she has a hand in it as co-HW.

If a certain spoiler comes to pass, I might be out. Just out of principle. Part of me watches because I’m trying to envision what behind-the-scenes environment fosters such a show. And I like the community here. But it’s a slooooog to get through episodes, and life is short. 

• Members

I very very strongly disagree with the idea that GH is anything like that and has been in recent times. The state of each show is completely different.
I may not always agree with how certain things are paced but boy, they are telling a lot of stories and things are moving (well except for the Mike/Sonny story but that's supposed to be a very slow burn).

• Members

I’ve been getting caught up this week, I was behind for about 2 1/2 weeks.

I legitimately can’t believe they let a character so weakly portrayed in Tara, run Summer out of town. Not only that but Summer was so scared of her she couldn’t even tell anyone she was being threatened. How stupid and poorly written.

I also don’t understand why they’re killing off Ashland so soon.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Catching up now. Why must we listen to Nick praise that idiot Summer? The girl is a moron who has had all her jobs handed to her because of her last name. Someone needs to tell Nick that Summer spread her legs for old Uncle Billy. Of course he would only be mad  at Billy even though she chased him like a bitch in heat.

Speaking of Uncle Billy, why was he allowed at Harrison’s sip n see?  I would have rather Tara rip him a new one than pretend to be composed but I guess that’s her game.

Adam and Chelsea are breaking up for good (supposedly) I bet he hits the sack with Sharon within a week or two. Unless- would they let him hook up with someone new? Maybe Sally or Imani?

Nothing says let’s get over our daughter moving away by humping like a couple of animals.

• Members

I'd buy an attempt to see if Sally and Adam have chemistry. Why not? But a pairing needs conflict to be interesting and what would the story be there? She gets with Jack for ambition and then starts having the hots for Adam? Meh. 
I love Sally and the actress but they have not figured out yet whether they want us to root for her or whether they want to play full vixen. Even though that's not how the character started off at B&B I can accept if they turn her into a full scheming-for-advancement antagonist but everytime they move in that direction they then try to pull back to keep her "sympathetic" I guess. 
They need to pick a lane for her and own it. CH is a great charismatic actress. She can still manage to be interesting and likeable if you make it clear she is after Jack for the money. But the writers need to commit to a characterization instead of going back-and-forth.

So I didn't miss anything? It is true they never had Nick finding out about that? This is Soap 101. How could they not play that beat!
Does Victoria know?
Lily and Summer's conversation around it is one of the few scenes of the past year I remember enjoying. It seems insane they are leaving so much great potential for organic drama on the floor without using it. And now that Summer is gone, it is too late.
So ztupid.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Still getting caught up.

Loved seeing Ashley and Traci. I’m always a big fan of the Abbott’s at full force, prefer them to the Newman’s any day of the week despite my love of Nikki.

Imani figuring out the quadrangle with Nate, Amanda, Devon, and Elena was funny as were the awkward stares. Also love seeing the jealousy of Imani by Elena. We actually have a pretty viable black cast right now.

So I’m assuming Stitch was brought back to be a psycho and kidnapped Mariah…yawn.

I really don’t get Jack and Sally. They play it like she’s not interested in his money and she’s only a bad girl when it comes to Summer. I’d rather her actually be a gold digger.

Tara continues to be played by the actress with ZERO energy.

• Members

I've been really enjoying Imani and her interactions with people especially Nate. I think that her and Nate have good chemistry and that she would treat him well. I look forward to watching them interact/flirt more and I would like to see them given a chance as a couple. Elena doesn't really appreciate Nate as well as she should and has been flaky towards him. Imani definitely wants him. I also thought that everyone at the party at Devon's looked really nice. I saw one soap site on Twitter, give the ladies from that party the best dressed award of the week. I agree. And I think that part of the cast especially, Imani, Amanda and also Naya dress really well. 

• Members

The Sally & Tara vs. Summer could have been so much more. Summer's exit from Genoa City is so rushed, due to Hunter King's negotiations with TPTB, and it's disappointing... despite my not-liking King.
If only Josh Griffith had not been the one writing this storyline... oh, the juiciness it could've been.