Y&R July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Exactly!!! I thought Summer was gone but she's been appearing in that same hotel room in Milan. If anything they could've had Summer/Kyle working together to take Sally/Tara down. Then they can ride off in the sunset to Milan or Los Angeles. I also have a feeling that Tara/Ashland playing them and that Ashland is really Harrison's father. And this is some ploy to get back at the Newman's.  But we can't have nice things on this show. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, the writing is bad, but much of it is forced because of Hunter King’s contract situation. We’ll never know how this story would have played if SONY/CBS weren’t so cheap.

Again, all of Summer’s moves can be attributed to writers faced with an actress’s contract expiring and not being renewed. I’m not excusing or defending the writing, because I don’t like it either. It makes Summer’s choices ridiculous. 

I don’t get why some people say that Tara and Ashland might be working together. We’ve seen them arguing — alone— with no one else around.it would make no sense to now decide they’re working together.

• Members

Wouldn't TPTB have some inkling that a young actress who has already left once might do so again and have Plan B ready to go?

Having Summer scurry off to Italy w/o revealing what threats Tara had made didn't ring true. Had Tara been a little more ambiguous about not letting Kyle have access it would have played better.

Summer used to be out for herself so her deciding that she didn't sign up for this drama and wasn't ready to play stepmommy as well as having a great job waiting for her should have been enough to write her off.

How many more times is Imani going to slither up to Nate with Elena giving her the side eye before we move to the next beat?

BTW Sean Dominic is the hottest guy on the show and needs more airtime.!!

• Members

100%. Would have changed almost nothing as to the events on-screen and would have made a lot more sense for the character.

Not to mention we are still seeing her in Milan so that is not her exit yet as far as I can tell. AND that the Tara storyline predates the breakdown in contract negotiations so the way she was written in this mess would have been written regardless. The Italy thing started very shortly before it happened and was clearly tacked on but the gist of the story around Harrison WAS the plan.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Exactly!!! As I said on Twitter earlier. Phyllis, it's not like Sally/Tara conspired to get Summer behind bars making license plates for murdering "Ashland." Too bad that didn't happen because that would be a good story. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Problem is with Kyle and Bummer already leaving and out the door it’s hard to care and even watch this story, because once it ends there is nothing, absolutely nothing Phyllis and Sally unless they have Sally open up her own hotel or some [!@#$%^&*] like that . 

My guess is Courtney Hope will be out next. Too bad Stafford isn’t let go too because she is horrible. Such a pointless character Phyllis has become since her return, doing nothing but wear one shoulder cocktail dresses as she day drinks with orange  stains on her skin from her spray on tan

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I hope not because I like CH very much and I still see the potential but man they really don't know what to do with her either.
I think this can be fixed by settling on a characterization for her: she can either be an ambitious gold-digger which is fine: with good writing, we can even sympathize with her if done right. Or she is genuinely a nice girl trying to do her best to survive. But the ambiguity and constant vacillation between the two is completely hurting our interest and attention span.

I still think it would have been smarter to send her in Nick's orbit. The age difference would have been less jarring, Nick WOULD be stupid enough to fall for a gold-digger (while it is harder to swallow with Jack) AND there would be a fun subtext to play with her being a "younger Phyllis" (show Nick and Phyllis having problems and then her calling him out on dating a discounted younger version of her) AND the conflict with Phyllis and Summer would then write itself.