• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It’s just too bad his character died a long time ago, unlike many of the other GH actors who’ve had recent tributes (like John Reilly).

Still they’d be stupid and disrespectful not to give the guy his flowers. Alan was a leading character on the show throughout GH’s pop-culture zenith. There’d be a lot of interest in a tribute, even if it were simply Port Charles honoring the anniversary of Alan’s passing or something.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Alan Quartermaine was my Maureen Bauer. It was when I realized the show isn’t for me anymore, they aren’t going to go back to a GH I recognized or wanted to watch.  Sure I checked in at various times over the years, sometimes for several months to a year, but it took me a long time to get over what had happened to my once favorite show and it has never been the same.  Alan was not a vet at a dead end story wise.

I’ve heard several times over the years that Guza didn’t want to kill Alan.  Always reeked of Frons and JFP to me.

• Members

I remember seeing reruns in syndication of The Champions from the late 60s, and Stuart Damon was a dapper babe on that show. However, his Alan Quartermaine was something else! A strong, powerful, complex anti-hero. He should have become the scallywagish pillar of GH, but as we've all been discussing on other threads lately, TPTB at that time had other ideas about what they thought soaps were about. Stuart Damon would have been a loyal lifer to GH, and his character of Alan Quartermaine should never have been killed off, period. However, an actor of Stuart Damon's calibre and charisma is so much greater than the untimely end of one of his best-known characters! A true talent and, by many accounts, a warm and funny person. May he RIP.

• Members

May Stuart Rest in peace. He was a talented actor and Alan was an interesting character. He definitely shouldn't have been killed off the show. 

Also, I loved him as Prince Charming in the 60's version of Cinderella that also featured Lesley Ann Warren. Of all of the tv/movie versions of Cinderella, that I've ever seen that is my favorite.