• Members

Awwww man. So incredibly sad to hear this news. He was such a fantastic actor.

Alan and Monica are a favorite of mine. I adored their dynamic. 

Damon was royally shafted and it sucked to see him fired. We were robbed of at least another decade of Alan Quartermaine. I imagine his health would have required him to step back or retire but at the same time, it was a massive mistake to fire him and kill Alan Quartermaine.

Then to kill his biological son. Twice (or three or four times).

This show. Seriously.

Anyway ... not about that ...

My heart goes out to his family. 84 is a good life but still taken from his family and us too soon. RIP Mr. Damon.

Absolutely. You could tell they wanted to go there but it wasn't likely to work out, unfortunately, when I think about it. 

You summed him up very well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such sad news. Stuart played the hell out Alan for almost 30 yrs. Alan was so complex. Caring compassionated doctor. To scorned murderous spouse. To serial adulterer. In his dysfunctional marriage to Monica. One of my favorite stories. Was Victor Jerome killing himself. After Lucy rejected him. Which led to Alan and Lucy's infamous affair. And short lived disastrous marriage. #RIP 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Everyone has pretty much said what I'd want to say. GH, as I've often mentioned, was my late grandma's favorite. It does hurt to lose another piece of what made that show special for me. (It's eerie to remember/realize we're going to lose more and more daytime legends.)

On a lighter note, Stuart has a great cameo in Star 80, in the scene when Eric Roberts is making an ass of himself at the Playboy Mansion. He bugs Stuart's character about career doldrums, then gives him a cheesy thumbs up for good luck. Once alone, Stuart flips him off.

• Members

I still Love Stuart on Pyramid. The category

Things that are stiff

One of his clues; An Erection  and I believe the guy won the $$$$$

GH should do a special episode for Stuart just like Y&R did for Jeanne Cooper and Kristoff St John where actors just talk about what Stuart meant to them & working with him

• Members

Wow! I was only aware of the actor who played Joe Martin’s death but this I didn’t expect this today. RIP STAURT!! Growing up on Phelps/Guza GH I had no idea how critical he and Leslie Charleston used to be to the show. After watching their 70s, 80s and 90s material on YouTube all I have to say is wow! They were the quintessential toxic old married couple. What made them unique is that they were always together for decades, notwithstanding their brief divorce. I regard them as one of General Hospital’s top 10 super couples even if they aren’t considered one.  My favorite Stewart Damon storylines were the Monica and Rick affair, Susan Moore, and Ray Conway’s death. I wish he would’ve been on the show up till today but that’s ancient history now. If it’s true that Frank & Ron wanted to bring him back (but couldn’t due to his illness) then that would have been nice.

Personally, it would’ve been cool to have been around when all those great storylines originally aired. it sucks to see all the legends dying and all the socks going to trash as I come of age. I hope the show does him justice with a tribute.

When they were at their most vicious state, it was good tv:

This was a great summation of all their affairs:

Edited by ironlion

• Members

That's weird! Since I don't subscribe and I saw it...

Here is a long copy/paste:

Tributes poured in online after the news of Stuart Damon’s (ex-Alan, GH) passing was announced. Former co-stars and executives shared memories of working with the actor.

Steve Burton (Jason): Stuart Damon. What a loss. The Angels are singing! One of the greatest guys ever. I was so blessed to have this guy play my tv dad. He was so kind, generous, giving, funny, selfless and just an awesome guy. He taught me so much.. I know everyone loved Stuart as Alan Quartermaine, who wouldn’t…he was amazing. But I just want people to know what a great husband and father this guy was. I’m sad beyond words. My prayers go out to his family. Love you Stuey D! #stuartdamon #gh #alanquartermaine #rip

Jacklyn Zeman (Bobbie): God Bless you #StuartDamon You are and always will be so very special to all of us who were lucky to work + play with you over the years. You will be missed but never forgotten. Your spirit will shine eternally in heaven.

Maurice Benard (Sonny): When I heard the news today it hurt,I always wanted Stewart to be Sonny’s long lost dad. He was so classy, real, and.always made me feel safe,Great Man

Scott Clifton (ex-Dillon; Liam, B&B): In my early days at General Hospital, I had a scene with Stuart in which his character would learn that a beloved family member had died. He understood the gravity of the scene, how historic it would become, and yet during the countdown to “action,” he still turned to me with a wry smile and whispered, “Watch and learn, kid.” Then he winked. Within seconds, he was no longer Stuart, and he began to sob. The man was, and is, royalty. Rest In Peace, Uncle Alan.

Genie Francis (Laura): I am so grateful to have had this wonderful man in my life. I am very sad today. #StuartDamon #HG

Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis): What a lovely, funny, talented Prince of a man. He truly was Charming. What a pleasure it was to work with his iconic self. Condolences to his family. RIP Stuie.

Michael Sutton (ex-Stone): My @General Hospital cast mate @StuartDamon may you R.I.P. He was a great man and so amazing as Dr. Alan Quatermaine especially in the Stone aids storyline w/ me & @MauriceBenard @kimmeabreak

Amber Tamblyn (ex-Emily): Broken hearted to hear of the passing of Stuart Damon. He played my adopted dad on General Hospital for 7 years and he was the most kind, wonderful, loving, supportive person. He always made me laugh and made me feel safe on set. I love you, Stewy. Rest well now, my friend.

Finola Hughes (Anna): #StuartDamon master of funny, as you can witness here w me and the sweet #ShellKepler. Stuart lived to make you laugh, but he was also a very caring individual who was happy to have long conversations about life, family and his wife whom he adored. His favorite thing was to say ‘stethoscope’ several times before a scene with as many sibilant ‘S’s’ as humanly possible. Needless to say, that scene would have entailed a couple of takes if I was involved! #ripstuartdamon Sending much love & condolences to his family  Stu-ey, a true gentleman.

Sean Kanan (ex-A.J.): I am saddened to have learned that Stuart Damon has passed. Although we had lost touch over the years I will never forget his kind soul, zany sense of humor and talent. RIP Stuey Damone. @1SteveBurton @lesliecharleson #StuartDamon #GeneralHospital #Raimondo

Jon Lindstrom (Kevin/Ryan): R.I.P. Stuart Damon. Or “Big Stuey” as we lovingly called him. The world will be a much less colorful place without him. #Love #GH #ATWT @GeneralHospital #StuartDamon

Kimberly McCullough (ex-Robin): Stuart Damon… I called him my “building” mainly because he was so tall and I was so short. But also because he stood so strong and I could rely on him as the steadiest of scene partners. He handled the AIDS story with such grace, when Alan told Robin she was HIV positive was one of my favorite scenes I experienced as an actor. His true essence as a compassionate, stand up gentlemen really came through in that story. And I wouldn’t be describing the whole person if I didn’t mention how damn funny he was as well. My heart goes out to his family. Thank you Stu-y for blessing us with your performances. RIP

Former Executive Producer Wendy Riche: RIP dear Stuart your talent inspired &delighted .You poured your heart and soul into @GeneralHospital &always delivered your best. I am honored to have had the privilege to work with you.

Sebastian Roché (ex-Jerry): #StuartDamon was such a gentleman when I met him in 2006 on #GeneralHospital . A wonderful man and actor. Sending love to his family.

Wally Kurth (Ned; Justin, DAYS): #StuartDamon was such a gentleman when I met him in 2006 on #GeneralHospital . A wonderful man and actor. Sending love to his family.

Tristan Rogers (Robert): It is with much sadness I heard of Stuart Damon’s passing. He brought a real steadiness to the Quartermaine family. I enjoyed my scenes with him. Rest easy my friend.

Kin Shriner (Scott): So sorry to hear Stuart Damon has passed he and David Lewis [ex-Edward] made @GeneralHospital the show it became .R.I.P. Stuie

Tamara Braun (ex-Carly; Ava, DAYS): My heart is heavy. Stuart was such a kind man. He was genuine and warm. He was funny. He always had a smile and open arms. He gave the best hugs, called me Tubby and I was always happy when I saw him. I knew him as Alan Quartermaine before I worked with him. Then I knew him as someone I was ALWAYS happy to see because he made my day a bit brighter. I think he made everyone’s day brighter. He was so incredibly full of life. Full of good life. We lost a beautiful human being today. I was so lucky to know him. My heart is sad. Rest peacefully kind soul. You will be greatly missed by so many. #rip #love #gh

Michelle Stafford (ex-Nina; Phyllis, Y&R) Stuart Damon and I lived in the same neighborhood years ago. I would see him at the local coffee place almost every morning. He was always so warm and filled with funny things to say. He was so kind to me. Such a loss. Godspeed Prince

Jason Thompson (ex-Patrick; Billy, Y&R): Stuart Damon. One of the loveliest people I’ve ever worked with. He was funny, sweet, charming, a comforting soul. And a GH titan. My heart goes out to his family. Miss you and thank you my friend. RIP”

Executive Producer Frank Valentini: On behalf of everyone at #GH, I want to extend my deepest condolences to Stuart Damon’s family and all who loved him. Stuart was an absolute legend of our industry and he’ll be sorely missed. @GeneralHospital

Laura Wright (Carly): Stuart was the sweetest man. He loved playing in Port Charles. And I loved sitting on stage watching the Quartermaine’s rehearse and bicker!!! The BEST behind and in front of the camera

John J. York (Mac): Oh my friend, my golf buddie, my dressing room neighbor, how you made me laugh, I LOVE YOU  

Derk Cheetwood (ex-Max): RIP to a great actor and even better person. Prayers to his family. Gods speed!