• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I knew he was in poor health, but this is such sad news. I've been watching some old Alan and Monica clips, and they really did have a unique chemistry. They might just be the best dysfunctional soap couple of all time. 

• Members

Another thing I loved about Damon's Alan is that he was one of the few characters who was allowed to really call Sonny and the mob crew out on their BS. Some of his scenes with the post-accident Jason were just dynamite. 

• Members

Sad news.  I know he has been in poor health over the last few years.  Alan should never have been killed off.  I hope he and his family feel some peace.

After watching that clip, it reminds me that modern fans have no idea how much fun Monica was as a character.  She’s been so neutered by tragedy that she is barely a character at all, let alone the ambitious, passionate and sometimes awful person she was.

• Members

Between Stuart and Ray MacDonnell  I'm heartbroken today.  Two of daytime's finest.

GH lost a piece of it's soul when Alan died.  Rest in Peace

STUART DAMON
GENERAL HOSPITAL Dr. Alan Quartermaine 1977-2007; 2007-08 (ghost); 2011; 2012; 2013
HOTEL Michael Devlin 1985
PORT CHARLES Dr. Alan Quartermaine 1997
AS THE WORLD TURNS Ralph Manzo 2009-10
DAYS OF OUR LIVES Governor Jim Ford 2010
also......
THE CHAMPIONS Craig Stirling 1968-69
YANKS GO HOME Corporal Vince Rossi 1976-77
movies ......
CINDERELLA Prince Charming 1965
YOUNG DOCTORS IN LOVE Cameo 1982