• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I third that. Nina will never be remembered as one of the greatest character of daytime but at least she is watchable now.

As for romantic chemistry, I don't think neither Nina/Jax nor Nina/Sonny, nor even Nina/Val are setting TV screens on fire but it is not cringeworth either. As I said earlier, it reads more like a plot point than organic chemistry but there are plenty of other pairings I like that are not off-the-roof with chemistry but that makes sense and work (Ned/Olivia?)
And I think it is similar to what I remember of her main GL pairing with Josh: they weren't red- hot but CW and RN had an easy sweet rapport and it worked.
CW is one of these actresses that has better chemistry with other female characters. I like her with MW's Ava, despite the fact their friendship makes no sense, and the feud-y scenes with Carly work.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I just meant the room wasn't re-built or changed, in terms of size, etc. The colour used to be beige, and then dark brown... and now it's just too dark, especially in comparison to the main living space and entry way.

He is always complaining about the press, talking about "fake news," and yes... his support of the attacks sours me. It was gross. And knowing he was on Parlor, I heard [some] of the things he was posting and supporting... and that is simply unacceptable.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Isn't that the truth? Watros has made Nina watchable. It's why I was happy to have her. I knew at least I'd be happy to see Watros. I don't love Nina either and she could easily go tomorrow (like several others) but like you said, I don't mind seeing her, and I like she's in the thick of it and keeping Sonny away from his family.

Stafford and Mo? OMG. No. I could never sit through them. Lord. We are so lucky, truly, lol, to have Watros.

And I echo others, I like Jason and Britt too. She's a taller Sam with a pulse and personality. 

I liked the Carly and Liz chat UNTIL it became the usual bizarre propping. Like, really?

I see what you mean about Watros. I was meaning more romantic chemistry, but I guess the way I said it ... lol. She does have a good rapport with all of them. I'd like more with Stuart actually. Hopefully in the future. I know stans on social media are all for Valentin and Anna but why can't they just be friends? 

What would ya'll think of "Vanna"? LMAO ...

And YES on Molly and TJ. She should have had the pregnancy by Brando. Though I guess Mattsson is preggers IRL? Am I wrong? Is that why they wrote it in? 

I like the soapy aspect of the Michael/Willow/Chase stuff. I wouldn't mind Chase manipulating things himself. I like them all being a bit more grey. Though I really am getting tired of seeing Michael and Willow. I just need a break. From them and Carly.

Perfect GIF for Stafford and Mo in scenes together. 

And yeah, the Quartermaine set is strange. It did seem to get darker. Then you have the 'main' area which is all modern and blue/teal/green. 

I also dislike what they did to Sonny's house. I feel like they chopped up Carly's old house and cut Sonny's house to form a smaller set. And now we get stuck with their useless kitchen set and big green moss.

It feels like they take a few steps forward in sets (the outdoor efforts, new restaurant, I didn't hate the Q re-do after I got used to it) but then backwards with the above and others.

I miss soaps having a real budget. Siiiigh.

And speaking of sets, it was nice to see Kelly's again. It feels like it's been a while.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Stafford and Mo together would be so much shouting and mumbling.  She is one heck of a scenery chewer and let's call Mo an under actor.  It would have been a mess.  Plus, she 10 feet taller than him.

This might be unpopular but I did think MS and Ingo had good chemistry as well as her and JPS.  Better than CW. 

Mattsson is pregnant IRL.  She didn't announce until a week or so ago, but that is why Sasha has a 3rd trimester baby bump all of a sudden.

I wouldn't mind Chase manipulating the situation, but Chase can do so much better than these fools I kinda want him to just cut his losses and find new "friends".

This is probably unpopular, but I have never warmed to Sonny's house and never liked any version of the set.  I vastly prefer the penthouse.  The penthouse fit Sonny much better stylistically.

• Members

Haha, thank you.

It's even stranger that they only updated the furniture and drapery... which also matched Katelyn MacMullen's outfit one day. Gave me Maria von Trapp vibes, haha.

Please register in order to view this content

If they kept the colour scheme above, and just brought in the current furniture, it would look better. But, I guess not.

I don't hate the remodel as much as I thought I was going to, honestly. The former set, even pre-Claudia's makeover, felt too small and too claustrophobic. I'm just sad they've yet to use the desk in the corner for someone to be sitting at.

I love that they're bringing back the outdoor sets after they went missing last year. Miss those park walks, though. As for the other new sets: am loving both restaurants, the nightclub and I honestly loved the Quartermaine remodel from day one.

It felt like the original concepts of the original set, which I know production designers used as influence.

General Hospital probably has the best sets in American daytime for me. Not to mention, the expansion of the PCPD's interrogation room was much appreciated, too.

It's clear TPTB wanted a Corleone-type compound set. And it just never worked, though, the latest set feels nice.

• Members

Monica is Head of The Hospital

Still no choice from her on COS

Terri wants to be considered. Will they actually write story for Terry

Also hopeful we actually see Molly at her internship & this means more Robert

• Members

And this is also why they wrote in that pregnancy story that is, in all fairness, weirdly timed for a couple they had been trying to build up. And also why I suspect they wrapped up the Sasha/Michael/Willow triangle a lot faster than any of us expected - a good thing, it turns out, but I bet the pregnancy forced their hands.
Gotta admire the directing though that we didn't notice her bump until they started showing it and she was already huge.

They seem to be planting the seed for that to be the play once the current Willow marriage story and the Valentin baby story winds down.

I don't know if they are going for a pair-up but that would nicely continue the unexpected run of Alexis having the sex life history that I most envy of all the characters. 

• Members

Hey, I detest Sonny and am not a fan of MB but he is a good-looking man.

All characters have lovers I am more jealous of than others but the list of Alexis' conquest is plenty fine by me, in comparison to others:

Julian Jerome 

Jasper Jacks 

Ric Lansing 

Edward "Ned" Ashton 

Shawn Butler 

Sonny Corinthos 

Cameron Lewis

Garrett Floyd (aka John Bolger)

Jerry Jacks 

Mac Scorpio

Shawn Butler 

• Members

6/11

Ugh. Stumbles.

After a great few weeks...this week, while good, has been one of those scattershot weeks to me. A series of scenes that have no build unfortunately. 

So...a few thoughts...

SO CLOSE!!!! Hopefully Finn figures out the reason that cure did not work is because he and Chase ARE BROTHERS, NOT FATHER/SON!!! And that the possible cure is right there with Gregory. 

And the triangle continues with Chase proposing to Willow. Ooooo this is getting messy. I have not been liking Michael or Willow, but I am liking the storyline. Poor Chase. Fingers crossed this grays all the characters involved.

That brief moment when it looked like Carly vs Laura. Love Laura did not back down to her. Still loving Carly in character. Which of course means I love when she's giving it to Cyrus but hiss when she gets into it with everyone else. lol.

I have no feeling toward Liz/Finn.'

And nice cliffhanger with Carly walking in on Nina and Wiley. 

Uh oh...