• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Cyrus acts like Sascha's father. Is this where this is heading?

The "Mike" story shows that Sonny is played out and the character is a burden for everyone around him. Carly is more interesting (and vibrant) these days. 

Sam didn't make me fall asleep on the floor in her scenes with Dante.

I don't get the point of Michael's girlfriend. Why doesn't he get a cat or a dog? 

It was nice seeing the vets. All front and center. If only for a very special episode. Caitlin Reilly was great. She inherited her late father's acting talent. In one episode Annie showed more personality. Than either Sasha and Willow have in all the time they been on.   It was great that they got Sharon Wyatt. Via phone calls. Loved seeing the classic flashbacks. The twist at the end was great. It was a nice touch having Bobbie and Maxie talk about Sean. If only we could have more episodes like this. Instead of the usual played out nonsense.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

The Sean tribute was excellent, but why just a tribute? Why is the show so afraid of their history on a day-to-day basis? We all complain when a new actor comes on and would be perfect as a legacy character connected to the current cast, but they always make it a newbie with a confusing backstory. Sometimes less is more and they have a rich history to mine as this showed. 

Also, it shouldn’t take a tribute to use these vets in meaningful ways. I’m not saying they need to be on all the time, but be smart about it. When you do have them, give them something meaningful to do. 

• Members

I know some did not like Sean's son Connor but it was nice that he was there off-screen helping Tiffany. Hearing Sharon Wyatt made me smile. I know she has health issues but Id love another in person story with Laura, Tiffany and Claudia

• Members

I just watched the John Reilly tribute. That was so well done. The flashbacks were so vivid, and it really did bring back the feeling of what it was like for GH back then - he really was an integral part of the canvas at that time.

A few things came to my mind during that episode:

• I know people here thought the writers completely screwed up Anna’s character by having her believe in Peter initially, but Fiona Hughes has been playing TF out of her remorse ever since Anna finally saw the light. Her scenes with Felicia were so real and down to earth - and so rooted in the joint history of those two characters.
  • I also hope this signals the start of Felicia coming back to Port Charles to play a more active role in helping Maxie against Peter - Maxie needs her mother!
  • Overall though, that was brilliant storytelling in the way they used Faison’s poisoning of Tiffany as a way to incorporate the Sean Donely character into the Peter poisoning Chase storyline - and thus set a realistic and solid foundation for the tribute episode.
  • I like others here hope that Caitlin Reilly comes back as Annie Donely in the future - it would be so perfect to continue the next generation of the WSB gang (Annie as Sean and Tiffany’s daughter, Robin as Robert and Anna’s daughter, Ethan as Luke and Holly’s son - the possibilities are endless).

Bravo though GH... the return to more traditional writing and storytelling is working from my perspective!

• Members

I thought that was a lovely tribute episode, and so great to have Sharon there, even if only by voice.  The core of GH when I was a kid was those friendships and adventures of Robert, Anna, Sean, Felicia and Frisco.

He must have been quite a guy too- everyone seemed moved by real emotion here, and their various tributes to him on social media.  And his daughter was great!  I would welcome her back anytime.