• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

THANK YOU!!! 

Other than some off weeks and what you mentioned about Peter (ugh) and Cyrus, every since the year started, GH (okay, a little earlier with Tracy's return last year) has felt like traditional soap storytelling again. And I loved that I called that double wedding before Maxie even suggested it to Anna. Don't you miss little moments like that? We used to get those on soaps all the time. Or even now with Michael/Willow/Chase. M and W finally admit to their feelings and Chase gets poisoned. And now they have to hide that. Just traditional soap stuff. Or when you all called it with Nina stumbling into a Sonny without no memory. Who does that? lol. But yeah, good times. 

I've been into soap watching in a minute, but it has been good so far this year if they would only get rid of Peter IMHO.

Hahaha. Now THAT'S a spoiler that I don't mind.

I would have been upset.  

• Members

Yes. We had discussed it a few weeks ago and I agree I am very satisfied with the soapiness of a lot of the current plots. 

I often feel soap producers and writers nowadays have internalized "soap shame" and are trying to make their show look and feel as anything BUT a soap. But we watch soaps because we love soaps!
We all could see the BrookLynn/Maxie baby switch story or the Nina-will-see-Sonny-first twist and the double-wedding-reveal-all-the-secrets set up and the Britt-and-Jason-chemistry-tests because we are soap watchers but we love it and we eat it up! And it is good fun entertainment and they should embrace it.
If I want to see a crime drama, I will watch a crime drama. I want to watch a soap and that's what I feel when watching General Hospital in 2021 - down to the islands of bad actings lol. So I fully appreciate it. 

Even through i don't like Carly or the mob. I'm getting a kick out of her running the mob. I also like Britt confiding her fear of having Huntington's disease to Jason. Dante looks good with a haircut and a shave. Never been a fan of Dante or Sam. But i'm seeing a nice chemistry between them. I'm glad the writers remembered Ava and Trina's friendship. Always like their scenes together.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I may be in the minority here... but I actually enjoyed the Jordan/Portia chat! It’s really nice to see them become friends after the tension between them over the whole Taggert fake death thing.

Trina also knocked it out of the ball park with Cam. I’m really glad they’re addressing systemic racism, and I hope GH continue to do stuff like this.

• Members

You are not in the minority. I know plenty who have applauded Tuesdays episode for the Jordan/Portia scenes, as well as Tina's own scenes, despite being with Cameron.
It felt nice to see topical issues being tackled on American soap operas again, especially in the right way.

Edited by Liberty City

• Members

Lol.  It's 2 unattached adults that have jobs and are basically okay people having a baby.  Is that even a story?  I don't see any conflict there at all.   Sasha is a women in her 20's/30's? who can support a baby on her own.  Unless there is a WTD twist this whole thing is dull.

• Members

I loved her as a cokehead.  It wasn't good acting, but at least it was mildly entertaining.  I prefer her to Willow by a lot so I wish she would do something.   I would even take a wacky Deception story with Lucy over this.  I used to like the Katherine/Lucy/Brenda shenanigans back in the day.

• Members

Let's be fair to the show though and wait a bit before we complain. We *just* learned she was pregnant; they are setting up the story. 
Could very well be they are going to go somewhere interesting with this; we cannot declare a story a bore before it has even started