• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For what it's worth, I was a huge fan of RH on OLTL. I never thought I'd see the day where I dreaded him being on my screen. It's not him that I dislike, though I do think the days of him being some big ratings draw are long over. It's just annoying that TPTB refuse to believe that the show can survive without the great RH and bring him back again and again as a different character. He's not needed. Franco was AWFUL and made RH pretty much unwatchable for me. Now we have him as ANOTHER new character. Why? We have long-time characters who barely get their own stories (like Liz), yet we can write a story so RH can have a third character to play.

People have been complaining about Michael Easton on here for years. He is not loved on this board. It is absolutely ridiculous that he has played four different characters on this show in the last decade, and frankly, all of them (besides the vampire) blur together for me. I personally don't complain about ME as much as RH simply because I find Finn to be a far less offensive character than Franco, but it is every bit as ridiculous that they will do anything to keep Easton around. Neither of them are needed.

• Members

As I'm pretty sure you were told the last time you made this exact same point, people have been clowning Easton's endless characters for years on this forum. Same goes for Roger. Neither need to be on the show.

It is a disgrace that these two men have had 3-4 different contract roles on GH, a show they were imported onto and forced into frontburner roles over and over, while many of its veterans or key players can't get a contract or solid story. There's no excuse for that, at all. It's cronyism. I watched OLTL for 20 years, I loved a lot of Howarth's work on that show, it's my #1 soap of all time. None of that matters. There's no excuse.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Agree wholeheartedly about the utter [!@#$%^&*] show of all of the characters Michael Easton (currently Finn) has had on GH.    Finn & Silas are just alike, why was Silas ever killed off?  And they are just about the same as John McBain, especially how he was written and acted on GH. Easton did make vampire Caleb different, but that's about it.  

Howarth should HAVE either returned as Todd Manning, stayed on as Franco or be written off for good.  It's crazy to have him play a third character, and no one notes the resemblance of Todd, Franco and this new Dr. Austin!!      And I am yet another, Howarth fan from his days as Todd on ONE LIFE. 

• Members

And all of these comments are showing what I said. Loving that love or hate how it affected PC, Caleb still gets some love over all those other characters. And yes, I too am a big OLTL fan as well, but that does not take away from the perspective what has come before and the writing for RH and ME in connection to GH vets. Another layer to why seeing something of interest being written (and acted) with a major GH character (and the actor being engaged for a change over years of phoning it in at times) stands out even more.

But moving on...

5-19

Ugh! I should have seen that coming. 

Watching the Finn/Chase scenes and ugh! Michael offering to take Chase home. If only. ;D  But given he was just discussing his insecurities with Willow...yeah...not a good idea. Just trouble.

That said...I've been loving all the people moving into the Q mansion right now!!! Monica sightings! Valentin rocking some nice Post-qurantine bod. Comedy again!  I've been enjoying it. Loving at the summer spoilers, I wonder if it is setting up something for the Qs...ever how it keeps being mentioning there are not a lot of Quartermaines in the house. 

I also love how they have been doing the lead-up to the Sean episode. There has been hints as the other stories have been going. But now they are doing the slowly letting the town know thing. I like it though I feel like it is not as organic as I would like and I expect it to take over the rest of the week now that I am on Wednesday. 

Jason/Britt continue to be LOVE. All of it seems so well paced still, organic, and as someone mentioned very classic soap. I am surprised so far that Cyrus has not tried to send some men after them. That element of danger that has been missing since the drama at the hospital.

CORINTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not a big fan of LOVING...I was too young to appreciate it outside of Tyler and Buck, Tess, and Steffy and Coop and I loved the CITY...but I continue to love when ABC references it. One of these days I really want to go back and watch it. What clips I've seen make me want to know more. 

I continue to love Carly being written as Carly.

But I think it is time for Laura to be back in the mix. 

• Members

5-20

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I KNOW DANTE DID NOT JUST TOSS THIS WHEEL INTO SAM'S APARTMENT. 'Look familiar?' I HOLLERED!!!

Awwww at TJ/Shawn together.

Could they be setting up a redemptive arc for Alexis? I would be down with her pulling a prison lawyer thing.

And I forgot to mention it but I enjoyed the Ava vs Carly scene the other day. I am wondering for the second time if it is foreshadowing what will be Carly's undoing in this Cyrus fight...not letting Ava help. Ava will only do her own thing. Carly will keep her plan in motion and what if their plans cancel each other out and someone they care about gets hurt in the process? Nikolas? Jason? A returned Spencer? 

• Members

And I still look forward to reading all your comments.

Please register in order to view this content

I agree with everything you said about Liz here and in your other post.

Other than Laura, she is the big legacy character and there is so much they could use her for other than propping other people. As a uberLiz fan, I've been enjoying her as Mama Bear as well. But she could be doing so much more than this. I like Finn is leaning on her, but I do not want anything beyond friendship there.

As for Jason/Britt, I have to give credit where credit's due. They were a slow burn. A happy accident even when she came back with those hot bangs of hers. They had scenes having to do with Cyrus. And there seem to be a spark. Then they went off to other stories. A scene every few weeks. And then...the storylines converged and it's been building for me every scene. I think I even squealed when I found out she would be his doctor when he got to the hospital. And it looks like I got more things to like coming as I am on 5-20.

Sam/Dante felt like they were trying to force it. Then they stopped. Then they tried again. It was like the writers were trying to find the right rhythm...and couldn't. Right to the point where they fell off the backburner. lol. Though they had storylines going on...not with each other. I don't think it is a coincidence that the last hmmmm nine months of spoilers in magazines kept saying Sam/Dante would be in some investigation, but they did not get to said investigation until this month on screen.

Finally, I do feel the writers found the right rhythm for them the day that Olivia and Dante were with Maxie. Sam knocked and Dante opened the door. He had that cute smile...something he had not had in a while. And it was a perfect meet-cute. And I feel they had a good slow burn finally since. And now we have that investigation. 

• Members

Yeah, the foreshadowing is pretty heavy there. Nothing says "You're about to f*** up" like a character saying "I don't need help; I know what I am doing".
It is like in competitive reality TV when a contestant says in a confessional "I am excited about this week's challenge because this is totally my expertise"... You KNOW they are going home at the end of the episode.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

5-21

I thought it was a nice tribute to Sean. If anything I wish for more flashback. But it was nice to see his RL daughter. Loved hearing Tiffany's voice. And I loved the feel of suspense that the episode had. It took half the episode before I realized what was going on. And I grinned at the silliness of it, also a reference to the 80s era of GH

And I loved seeing all the vets. FELICIA!!! And FINALLY her reactions/feelings to Maxie and Peter. And she...looked...PISS#D. I wouldn't mind seeing this go forward. I loved this taste of Felicia vs Anna with poor Mac stuck in the middle. MONICA!!! Well, I am always up for a Quartermaine. ROBIN!!!! Still happy with Patrick. And I loooooved seeing BOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBIIEEE!!! And she came in the nick of time to save Maxie from Peter. And they talked about B.J. I was awwww.

It was just such a good episode. Sometimes all you need are vets and their normal reaction to have a bit of drama.

5-24

ALLL SHHH*TTT!!!! We were so close to getting Peter out of the way!!!! Ugh!!! So over him. Of course he would get Gladys before she admit she lied. And now here he is on 5/25, trying to be menacing with Sasha and that 'voice.' I give WR his due because I now hate the character around, not the actor.

Speaking of Sasha, I saw a bit of spark between her and Cyrus. I know that a lot of people find him a great actor, but poor writing. But I felt the scene where he is trying to fish out who the daddy of her baby is was great. There was tension. A more forceful Sasha...who needs to stay that way. And there was this look that Cyrus was giving. This longing. This hint of emotion. For a moment, he was more than a cartoon villain. He had a hint of depth. And I want to see more of that. And of course menace. Love the scene.

Speaking of menace. Dare it if Peter is not FINALLY giving it. Well, a menace that makes me hiss, eye roll, or glare every time I see him on screen now. And now attacking Gladys. I don't even like her, but NO.

Speaking of depth...hmmmmmm Jason/Britt. I really, really, really enjoyed them in the woods getting to know each other and talking about what calms them down. Just swoon. Get closer, and closer and...

5-25

Oooo...movement. Yaaass!!!

Well...never underestimate Carly. Ever. I was just about to be all 'come on, Carly. I know you are not going to let Cyrus oneup you when you want Jason back.' And she pulled the burner trick.

Fingers crossed we see Bobbie, Maxie, and Brooklyn in a room. I liked this storyline is coming to a head...first turn in it depending on if we get to the see Brooklyn with baby in the Quartermaine house. I love seeing Maxie in schemer mode again. Nice to see she still has it in her.

Speaking of coming to a head, Nina/Sonny's story looks like it's coming to one now that Elijah is being slowly exposed. And I agree with a comment a few pages back...he is a menacing villain and the actor has done it well. Meanwhile, yeah Nina is having some feelings for Sonny. Uh oh.

Hehe. I like Fake Chloe. She has a personality. Reminds me of Rosalie. And I liked Rosalie. 

• Members

Awwwww HELL NO!!! THAT'S how they reintroduced RH??? And of course right in the middle of a good story, too. 

I can't.

Meanwhile, I can to that Jason/Britt love scene. WOW. I see what you all were talking about. It was worth the wait. And THAT is how you do a slow burn. And the writers keep deepening their characters over this past week.

Liking Cyrus vs Carly as well.

I continue to like the meet-cutes with Sam and Dante, but just wish the writers would let it happen naturally.

I admit also that I like this fastforwarded technique that has been used this past week. It really does built tension. 

And it just occurred to me that right now, there are so many stories under the same roof at the Quartermaine mansion. Chase's poisoning. Brooklyn baby. Olivia and Ned's problems. That is just board strokes. That does not even include subplots. Things to make you go hmmm.

• Members

Please.  I see more complaints about Roger Howarth than Michael Easton.  That’s why I wonder if he personally hurt you.  But, no.  He just has a role on a show that you think is unnecessary or that the story can go to someone else.

Like I said, I haven’t seen those complaints about Michael Easton.  Yet you all claim you do it all the time.  I don’t see it.

If it was someone you actually like having three or four different roles on the show, you wouldn’t be complaining.  So, all of this “Oh, the story can go to someone else” is just nonsense.  I don’t believe the crying or whining.

• Members

Yeah no.  Stan all you want but facts are facts.  My post one page ago calls out how ridiculous it has been having both of them playing several parts on the same show.

“Even if he was the greatest thing to ever hit daytime- the issue with RH for me is that he is on his third character on by this show.  Easton is on his 3rd as well (more if you count the vampire revisit), all in the same decade.  It’s beyond ridiculous.  And I like Roger.  They have wasted the potential of casting choices that could reinvigorate parts of their canvas to cater to two actors that aren’t even popular from GH.  It’s not like we gave Michael Sutton a new part, or had Stuart Damon return as Alan’s twin.”

When he was playing Silas he was roasted all the time.  The only reason Finn has been remotely tolerable is because of Anna and Chase, and we could easily keep them and move on from Easton too.  They tried to tie Franco to Liz for maximum propping potential, and it still didn’t work out enough for them to keep him as Franco.

Edited by titan1978