News & Gossip from the mid-1980s per The Soaps of Yesterday

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still read Lynda's column on her website every week, and it is heartwarming to know that her editor hasn't gotten any better in 40 years.

Please register in order to view this content

One tends to think Gen Powell's condition was exacerbated by cancer not exasperated (although it may have been exhausting).

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Lol I am trying to think who this is from SOD January 1999:

Meow Mix

Folks at a recent Hollywood bash were overheard badmouthing a former East Coast daytime diva. Digs about her age and recent career slump were fast and furious. One person even questioned if the actress was still alive! My, how times have changed. Not too long ago, no one would have taken the chance of being on this Queen of Mean’s bad side.

Kathleen Turner? Judith Light?

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

That could be one of a million people.  However, my first thought was of the leading ladies of a prior generation who played mean characters such as: Eileen Fulton (although she was still employed at the time), Morgan Fairchild (who seemed to have a stellar reputation), or Donna Mills (who wouldn't be considered East Coast if someone were making clues).  And it makes no sense that people would be talking about Louise Shaffer or Ann Williams at a Hollywood party in 1999.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Is it Beverlee McKinsey? Older ... about to turn 64 in early '99 ... and East Coast-based. On the other hand, wasn't she already retired by then? Those folks are not only catty, they're also years behind!

Edited by Franko