Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

News & Gossip from the mid-1980s per The Soaps of Yesterday

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think this is the right topic for something I read in a Judith McConnell interview. She was talking about her love life and mentioned that she once made live 60 feet beneath the surface of the ocean. My biggest question isn't who- that's none of my business. But HOW? Are we talking in a sub, underwater hotel or while scuba diving? If scuba, then I guess congratulations on her self control?  I'm pretty certain that I would drown. 

• Members
On 7/8/2021 at 10:30 PM, amybrickwallace said:

It's really mind-boggling how many misspellings, especially of actors' names, showed up in the soap press in those days. Did the publications have no access to proofreaders???

And they were being fed information from the shows themselves. You see this a lot in old soap magazines and even in books like Soap World (Vikki Lord, Dorian Kramer). You can’t blame the lack of closed captioning because there were closing credits.

• Members
On 9/3/2021 at 8:10 PM, SFK said:

And they were being fed information from the shows themselves. You see this a lot in old soap magazines and even in books like Soap World (Vikki Lord, Dorian Kramer). You can’t blame the lack of closed captioning because there were closing credits.

Wow. It makes one wonder who was minding the store!!