News & Gossip from the mid-1980s per The Soaps of Yesterday

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think this is the right topic for something I read in a Judith McConnell interview. She was talking about her love life and mentioned that she once made live 60 feet beneath the surface of the ocean. My biggest question isn't who- that's none of my business. But HOW? Are we talking in a sub, underwater hotel or while scuba diving? If scuba, then I guess congratulations on her self control?  I'm pretty certain that I would drown. 

• Members

And they were being fed information from the shows themselves. You see this a lot in old soap magazines and even in books like Soap World (Vikki Lord, Dorian Kramer). You can’t blame the lack of closed captioning because there were closing credits.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

They were married in 59 so 1977 marks 18 years, which makes Darryl and Pam the likely subjects.

What other actresses were married to producers? Offhand,I can't think of any.

They hung on till 82. I wonder if this was tied in any way to Pam landing the job on The Doctors.

Maybe Darryl arranging that job for her  calmed Pam's anger for a while...

• Members

I'm amused by the laissez-faire attitude that "after 20 years of marriage, one expects an occasional extramarital liason".   But, it took me a couple of re-reads to understand the $50 quote.

Meanwhile I still want to know who this refers to?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

It was 1984, and it had to be a New York based soap, so that narrows it down to Ryan's Hope, Loving, All My Children, One life to Live, As the World Turns, Guiding Light, Search for Tomorrow, or Another World (lol). 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yeah - I wonder how her kids felt about her approach to parenting. But I’m the product of people who took parenting very seriously. I didn’t just fit “loosely” into their lives.

EDIT: She and Hickman were divorced in 1982 and the younger son committed suicide a few years later. How sad.

Edited by Chris 2